Vet, Pet, & Wild Child Quotes

Discussion in 'The BOC's Animal House' started by Catgirl, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Mornin' fellow BOC members! When reading the "Thought (or Quote) We Like" thread in general conversation, I noticed quite a few of them are about animals. I thought it would be neat to have a thread here in the Animal House reserved just for these.

You may ask, "What's the wild child part of the title about?" NOPE, we don't need quotes about your BIOLOGICAL children in this forum :wink:. However, people on this board generally enjoy WILD animals as well as their pets.

Serious, humorous, or somewhere in between.....please post YOUR favorite quotes or sayings about vets, pets, and wildlife here.

I'll start us off with these three.

"The best doctor in the world is the veterinarian. He can't ask his patients what is the matter - he's just got to know." - Will Rogers

"Wild things exist only if you have the graciousness to allow them to." - Joy Williams

"Be the person your dog thinks you are." - unknown

The BOC's resident veterinarian, Dr.Postbeetle, also has a new thread in this forum......where you can post interesting pictures and stories about pets and/or unusual animals you've known. Here's a link.

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102488

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tanya. There are oh so many quote's involving that which you speak. Animals are about as useful to humans in how they (the humans) perceive things as a degree from any institution.

John Steinbeck

"I've seen a look in dogs eyes, a quickly vanishing look of absolute contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts."

James Thurber.

"If I have any belief about immortality, it is that certain dogs will go to heaven, and very, very few persons."

This is a vet quote from (AW)

"They say there is nothing more pleasant than the smell of puppies breath. I disagree. One has to be up close and personal to replacing a prolapsed cows uterus that has been out for a day to really realize what actually does smell good in the world."

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    George Carlin:
    You can own a dog. A cat will allow you to live in it's house, if you are nice!

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    So you are bored and can't find anything to do with all that time you have?

Think about this for a moment.

Rabindranth Tagore:

"The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough."

I wonder if that butterfly actually likes those moments; we as humans have a hard time enjoying years, let alone moments.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

"One reason a dog is such a loveable creature is his tail wags instead of his tongue." - unknown

"Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to." - Alfred A. Montapert

"Even the woodpecker owes his success to the fact that he uses his head and keeps pecking away until he finishes the job he starts." - Coleman Cox

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    so there were these 2 bulls. one was old and one was young. they were standing on a hillside, looking at a pasture full of cows when the young bull says.... nevermind.

there are no such things as bad dogs, only bad owners.

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana

The young bull says,, lets run down there and get a few,,,,,the old bull says lets walk down and get them all.

Old jokes never die.

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber

"We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth." - Henry Beston

9. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I know what you are saying T,

Her name is ""Missy""" Border Collie and Blue Heeler cross,:smile2:

10. grouse & britt

grouse & britt New Member

State:
    Pa.
    :wink::wink: G&B table training 013.jpg

G&B table training 007.jpg