Very Tired this am and STRESSED OUT!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Oct 21, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I spent the almost the entire day in the Emergency Room yesterday with my 14y/o daughter.She has been having lots of stomach trouble with pain and vomiting along with the dreaded dry heaves. They can't tell what is wrong with her.She is very tender when they palpate (medical term for pressing or feeling with your hands)her belly.Says it's mostly around her side.She is scheduled for a pipita scan which will tell us if her gallbladder is functioning properly.They said yesterday that after taking 6 tubes of blood from her that her liver enzymes were all good and they would suspicion gallbladder if her liver enzymes were elevated which apparently they were all normal.They pointed out two things in her blood work that were off by just a hair but nothing to be alarmed about.They were scatching their heads as I am. They decided to give her an injection in the rearend for nausea then proceeded to tell me that she could go to McDonalds to eat a sandwich since she was empty there was no sign of infection anywhere so she may as well eat what she wants,(all this after I specifically asked for special diet instructions) Answer:None needed let her eat whatever she wants.Soooooooo I take her to McDonalds and she gets what she wants,drive to pharmacy on the back roads just in case she decides she has to toss her cookies again.Go to pharmacy only to find out meds the Doctor wanted her on insurance wouldn't pay for as they were for cancer patients.The pharmacist and I kinda know each other and she takes one look and says this is for Jackie? I said yes.She says "She doesn't have cancer,I can't give her this your insurance won't pay for it! She frowns excessively and says I have to get on the phone as there are a number of other drugs that He could have prescribed cause these definitely won't work!! So she finally gets him to prescribe two other meds,both of which same as puts her to sleep.Sleep is fine if she won't have pain or throwup.Well I proceed to go home.We walked in the door and in 5 minutes,"Mom I'm gonna be sick"Wherein she proceeds to do just that. I say well I'm gonna take a shower.After spending the day in a germ filled infection laced environment I shower get the germs off to the best of my ability.While showering she comes in and gets sick again.Some shot don't ya think?? Spose to work 6-8 hours,lasted about 1 hour.So I'm worn out!! I said we'll keep giving the pills and see what the gallbladder scan says.It's rare for a teenager to have this but not impossible.Now folks I'm suppose to be doing Weightwatchers and Curves with all this going on.I have managed Curves one time so far. Well were getting rain today and it's cold and suppose to get colder.The snow is getting closer and closer to us.Maybe and this is just a maybe November 11th will prove to be our first snow fall as Farmers Almanac has predicted.Only God knows that,so we shall see.But it is now a cold 39 degree's. Ya all take care and good fishin to ya!:tire:

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well Pat i will pray for your daughter and for you so keep your chin up it will get better

3. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Pat, thoughts and prayers go out to your daughter. Hope she gets to feeling better.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like you have had a rough day.Hope the daughter will or is feeling better. Or granddaughter has been going through something like that her with her stomach, mostly in her side hurts.Thought maybe appenidex but test came out ok. ER has no idea as to what it is .She seems to be doing a little better now but still don't know what the problem is-was. hang in there things will get better.

5. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Hope she is feeling better soon.

6. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that PK...prayers sent from Kansas

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Today she hasn't been sick except for this morning!She has the most grosstesque belching I have ever heard! I look at her and let her know right away that THAT IS NOT THE WAY A LADY ACTS! She says "Mom I can't help it" then she proceeds to grab her chest because it burns intensley! I will keep on this until I find out what is going on. A very sweet sister has contacted me and given suggestions as to another problem that might be the culprit,rest assured this mama won't lay still for this.I will find out what is going on as a mother just knows when something isn't normal with her child.I'll post as soon as we can all stop scratching our heads and get to something definitive! Thanks for your concern family,I truly appreciate it!-Pat:big_smile:

8. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Pat,

You poor thang, I feell for your daughter. I hope and pray that she is ok and that everything will work itself out, keep us posted.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know the feelin our daughter had similar symtoms we did the e.r. routine then asked about spec. diet the doc was a vietmanese and kinda hard to understand but we thought about the e.coli because it happened right when the scare did and the dr&e.r staff said it was a stomach virus well it lasted about 8 days in which neither my wife or i ever got sick so go figure sometimes i think they just want your money

10. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    She didn't eat any spinach by any chance did she?
    Just a thought.
    Hope she is feeling better.

11. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
  12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    that was what we thought at the time when our daughter got sick

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    She hasn't had any spinach!They told me her blood showed absolutely no infection of any kind.The ER nurse told me I needed to get in the family doc face and say you will tell me what is wrong if we have to dig clean to China.She told you have to be agressive or they won't do all that they can do!So like I said I will find out you can rest assured of that!-------Pat:crazy:

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    go get em girl sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do no matter who you irritate!

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Pat , My thought and prayers or for your Daughter to get better and you , family to get better.

Little word from experience. After all that ,injection in the rearend for nausea McDonalds may not be best place to recover after leaving ER .
    Now days, a garden aint too safe.
    Maybe chicken soup might help.
    Stay on Doc's butt to find problem.

16. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    I hope she gets well soon.

17. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Prayers from Ga, also I can tell you from experience a dr don't know everything so if you don't get an answer get a differrant doctor till you find out

18. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Your only wanting a direct answer, there's times when fish get lock jaw you have to get in their face. Hang in there sis.

19. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Pat, we are sorry that your daughter is still not feeling well, we will continue to pray for her and you too.

20. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hang in there Pat, I have never seen anyone suffer more than a mother for her child. Stay strong, stay on the diet. The daughter doesn't need to see you go off your diet from dealing with her stress. I am hoping to here better news on this thread later.

My best wishes
    Danny