Very simple rig...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Gibbzilla, May 28, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    What's a very, very simple rig I could use in a calm lake to keep my night crawler suspended? I want a real simple rig, besides a slip-bobber rig.

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Use a carolina rig and 3-4 inches above the hook attach a bobber. just use enough weight to hold it down. Another way i've heard but never tried is injecting an air bubble into the worm. Walmart sells a thing called the worm blower.

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Yeah, what riverdog said....Dwight

4. criggster

criggster New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You could also use a carolina rig with a float attached near the hook. Cast it out, let it sink, and let out the amount of line you need to get the bait where you want it.

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    What's wrong with a slip bobber rig? It's no more complicated than the carolina rig. Course, it keeps the bait a fixed distance from the surface, instead of a set height off the bottom.

I don't use slip bobbers much in the rivers I usually fish (maybe I should), but have had good luck with them in Lake Marion. Slip bobbers have saved the day for me up there a couple of times. Plus, it's a lot of fun to watch the floats and see them pop under!