Very sad today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Dec 14, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Today is Dec.14th. On this day in 1990 my brother Ian died. I just cant seem to get over it. Two days after my Birthday (Dec.12th). Ian and I grew up in the 70's-80's and was raised by our grand parents. We had a very volitile childhood. I remember us sitting on my Gram's front porch with Ian, an old record player, a 'Mr.Microphone' and a pile of KISS records that we had amassed together. This was 1976 and we were just lil. About 6-ish then. We would pretend to be an all kiss radio station and play my Uncle Dougs Billy Joel Glass House album for commercials...LOL. Then we'd get bored and dig out the big G.I. Joes and Evil Knevil figures and make them fight each other in the backyard. Sometimes we'd get our StarWars figures involved but we both coveted each others collections so they pretty much stayed home.. I really used to get frustrated because Ian had a Kiss doll (remember the KISS comicbooks) well he used to break out ol' Peter Criss, like his 'Ace in the hole'..lol. Our lil Sister Jamie took it to her lil' friends house one day and gave Ol' Peter Criss a make-over...umm...I like call it a 'Work-over'...lol Using siccsors to chop up his hair and all the marker makeup... I felt bad but it really evened out the playing field for ol' G.I.Joe though!.. Oh I miss him. I'm naming my First born Son after Ian...Ian Benjamin Frye.
    Love ya buddy and I miss you dearly. Rest in Peace my Brother. I'll always be here and You'll always be with me.

2. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    My heart goes out to you, I know how you feel. My father died fourteen years ago. We were planning to go bass fishing that afternoon. Every year, on the anniversary of his death, I head to the lake. It's my way of remembering the man who got me started fishing.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    May the memories of your brother always be with you.

Lives end but memories are forever. I have lost many loved ones but the memories that I have of them are all pleasant.

R.I.P. Ian

4. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Iam truly sorry that you lost your brother, I know when I lost my sister it was one of the saddest days in my life. Just think how lucky we are to have such great memories of them
    Sharon

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hope you have a merry Christmas and happy new year... sorry to hear, never knew about that. Enjoy the holidays

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Jay there is not much that can be said to ease your pain I have lost my Dad my little brother a younger sister and a granddaughter all we can do is feel sure they are watching us and keep them in our heart

7. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Thanks for sharing that with all of us. I'm an only child but have come across 4 people in the army that I went to combat with that I consider to be my brothers, 2 of wich I lost in OIF 1. So although I cant feel your exact pain I do know how you feel. Thanks again for sharing.

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Jay.....what wonderful memories you have of your brother Ian. That's a very nice name. Don't you know he would be so proud that you plan to name your son after him? Even though I felt your sadness, I smiled when reading your sweet story about growing up with him and the fun you guys shared. I lost my grandmother who had a hand in raising me on December 17, 1999. This season isn't always the easiest time for sad stuff to resurface, but just remember the reason and take comfort in Him. When I logged into the BOC this evening and saw your thread, I was reminded of the cycle of life. I was celebrating two BIRTHDAYS today, my best friend's and her son's, who turned TWO! Before long you'll have one of THOSE little ones named Ian running around. I have no doubt that he will be a comfort to you in the future on this day of remembrance. Thanks for sharing Jay. We're here to listen, buddy. :smile2:

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have younger brother that I might get to see once a year. We have not been as close to eachother since I joined the Corps over 15 yrs ago. I miss him alot...think I'll give him a call tonight. Thanks brother for putting things into perspective for me.

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    There are times when there is nothing you can but we the BOC are with you :sad2:

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    im sorry that had to happen, sounds like u and your brother were good friends. god bless u brother

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about the loss, sounds like you got some great memories though. Have a Merry Christmas.

13. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Jay,
    The memories you have and the times you shared with your brother are certainly priceless. I have similar cicumstances and know the void that can never be replaced. God bless you brother.