Very sad news in Henderson KY

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Jun 25, 2008.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    they arent releasing any info right now... they said it would be released at 3pm today in a news conference.. im afraid that as things get tighter and tensions rise we are going to see alot more violence across the us...

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is a very tragic story, God Bless the families of all involved.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    May God be with the familes that were involed in this useless tragedy

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I hate to see this type of thing, it`s just tragic. My condolences go out to the victims families.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Unfortunately I have to agree. I am surprised that I haven't heard on more drive-offs from the fuel pumps. I'm sure it's coming.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't really know the particulars, or anyone involved in this incident. It strikes me funny the dispute was between a worker and a supervisor. Some of these supervisor just don't know the first thing about leadership. They are never taught about tact. Their idea of supervising is "Look, its my way or the highway". Just about all the shootings at a work environment is because some worker developed a grudge against a supervisor. Right or wrong, they resorted to a very forcible course of action. Business needs to train their supervisors a whole lot better than they are being trained at the present, otherwise, more and more of these incidents are going to occur.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hate hearing about the things. My prayers go out to the family's.

8. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    Well, I do know the particulars, Kevin was a good man, and a good boss. He saw that the guy had a gun and was trying to get the guy outside so he would not hurt anyone..Believe it or not, the guys were supost to be friends!!! I know this because I live in Henderson and know the man and his wife...he and his family came in the beauty shop I work in on a regular basis. All Kevin was trying to do was calm his "friend "down but got killed in the process. The guy just SNAPED!! Its a sad sad day here in Henderson!!!!

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lori, thank you so much for posting the facts.

I don't see how anyone could blame anyone other than the guy that pulled the trigger.

I spent almost half my working career as an hourly employee and the other half in either lower or upper management. I would say it's VERY rare a boss ever causes a tragedy like that.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Unfortuanatly Dayton thats what its comming down to with our country. There is always blame to be flung around but not the person that did it he was mentally hadicapped or something like that.

For instance here in Columbus a couple of years ago some guy (a somoli) had a machette or some kind of big knife and charged at the Police who shot him dead. The family sued the Police and won cause the guy was menatally retarded or something like that.

Thoughts and prayers to the people that were hurt or died.

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's very sad. At least he had the decency to shoot himself and save the taxpayers from supporting him for the next 40-50 years.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all family members affected by this :crazy:ness.

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Resently, with all the problems and tension at the Ford plant in Indy here, They will pull folks off the floor and suspend them with pay and/or make them see a shrink before coming back if they're heard even kidding around about hurting or killing someone the union won't help you much in those cases, Your in deep doo, they take it very seriously. as they should.

14. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Throughout my years, I've had some supervisors that were TERRIBLE and I absolutely hated working for them and I've had some outstanding ones that lead by example, were very open minded, and genuinely cared for and looked out for "their people"...
    I had one guy give me a administrative "Write up" for working on a project for the company with a co-worker in another dept that we co-produced. The co-worker won accolades and "employee of the month", while I got wrote up... That was just one of many run-ins I had with this guy. It was his first supervisor position an I believe He just had it in for me, or at least certainly felt like it...I didn't walk in one day with a semi-auto and go to town. I moved on to greener pastures... No matter how bad of a boss they have, It's no excuse to go on a rampant killing spree....