Very Large Bomb Dropped Just Outside Wichita This Morning!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KansasKatter, Jul 31, 2007.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sorry for any alarm, but the bomb was actuall one my wife dropped on me this morning.

I was still lying in bed, trying to get the sleep out of my eyes, and decide if it was time to get up yet. She comes out of the bathroom, leans over the edge of the bed and whispers in my ear......"guess what, you are going to be a Daddy". I was still kind of out of it, and said, "I am already a Daddy", then it hit me, I opened my eyes wide, and she nodded, "yep you are going to be a Daddy AGAIN"!

Very mixed emotions from my end, and hers for that matter. One hand I am wanting to jump for joy, but the other is with all the complications we had before, and with my wife's age, it is going to be a loooonnnnngggg 9 months with a lot of worrying on my part, that my wife will be OK, as well as the baby. Not real sure how Brittany, who will turn 2 end of August is going to handle it as well.

Needless to say this was an "accident", and I think I am still in shock. Kind of numb to the whole thing right now!:eek:oooh:

2. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    You being a fisherman you should know if you don't put a lid on the worm container one is bound to get out :smile2:
    Loop
    Congrats childern are a bles no matter how you look at it.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congratulations ?!?! LOL Hope everything turns out OK. Keep us posted!!

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    congrats on your new development. the little one will love having a little brother or sister to play with, they will not be so far apart in age to make much diffrents in how they grow up together. One of the best parts of having a baby was night feeding,where i was able to sit in the quiet of the night and watch my children which gave me a real bonding feeling.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Congratulations!!!! Another fishing buddy on the way for you!

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Hey, Kansas needs a little shaking up anyway...congratulations!

It's always good to hear that the BOC membership is increasing.

Don't worry too much. My wife and I waited quite late too, with absolutely no regrets...my ten-year old daughter kinda makes me feel really old and sweetly young all at the same time! :wink:

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think Congratulations are in order here!!! I THINK!!!!
    Being a father of two boys,I am not real sure if I should congratulate you or send you a sympathy card, LOL!!!

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Jeff, You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers that everything goes well.

9. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    my boy just turned 5 so i am gonna go with dreadnaught and send u a sympathy card lol....no really congrats and hope everything goes ok for your wife

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Congratulations Jeff!!!! You won't regret it. A wise man once told me that you'll never be prepared enough for weddings or kids, so just go ahead and get 'em over with & be thankful for both.

My little boy is gonna be 6 in November, and he was an accident as well. I wouldn't trade him for the world. I've never been as proud of anything in my life, both of my kids are a fantastic blessing.

On a similar note, my sister & brother in law had been trying hard to get pregnant, and finally went to a doctor to have some "things done." She found out about a month ago that she was pregnant at last. Last week she called & she's pregnant with twins. She says it's the best "buy one, get one" she's ever done.

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulations Jeff... as far as Brittany handling it, she'll handle it better at two than she would at five...:cool2:

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Congratulations , You and your family will be in our Thoughts and prayers

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Well that is some wake up call.... Did you go back to bed or did that fire you better than a pot of coffee? LOL Congrats Bro!

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats ,Jeff. You know if we planned our kids till everything was just right.... we never would have any.

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    jeff congrats to you and your family .
    i would look at it as a surprise , not an accident.
    :wink: i think richard summed it up pretty good with his post .
    your little daughter needs a little brother or sister to keep in line anyway:smile2:
    i hope your wife has no complications.

16. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Jeff,

Nothing but congratulations coming from me, buddy. Keep us affronted as to how things are going or how any of us can help.

Congratulations again!

P.S. SubnetZero started a great thread on vasectomies in the HI Area. ;)

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well you know the old saying When you Play you Pay and Boy are you gonna pay:roll_eyes:. Just kidding ! I do want to say Congradulations to you and the Mommy to be.

18. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats brother and good luck on your newborn. Cant wait to see some pics in 9 months.

19. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Congrats I have one dont know if I could handle another.

20. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Congratulations Jeff. Really mean it. We are all happy for you and your wife.

BTW.. once my wife and I figured out what was causing her to get pregnant .... we stopped! LOL!!!

:eek:oooh::tounge_out::big_smile:

_