very good luck & pb

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by russ, May 12, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    hi everyone, i left out friday with my father in law to hawesville ky. to fish in the ohio valley trophy cat hunters tourney. this would be my father in laws first time to fish for big cats or fish in any kind of tourney. we stoped at ky. dam to get some skipjacks then drove to hawesville to pre fish for a few hours. we put the boat in and went down river about 8-10 miles found some spots that look good. the first place we stoped at was the best. i had just put out the last line and sat down when my pole bent all the way over and the line was leaveing out fast. after a long battle i got the fish to the boat. thought my father in law was going to have a stroke when i pulled it up on top the water. at the same time one of the other poles went down, we lost it while netting the hawg i had at the boat. he dosent see very well and i only had two pic. left on the film. he tryed to take pic. for the fish off but messed it up, he got the fish the control item and cut my head off. and didnt get a real clear pic. of the scales. so i dont think it will count for the fish off. just my luck. we went to four other spots and put fish in the boat. close to 110 pounds of fish in 2 1/2 hours of fishing. next day at the tourney we had a lot of bites in the morn. then it slowed down. but we did get 2nd place and big fish with a 34 pounder. gess what. they forgot to take a pic. of the big fish at the tourney so that wont count for the fish off. but what a great fishing trip we had my father in law said it was the most fun he ever had fishing and i got my new pb the fish is 67.73 pounder. hear this the pic. with my head cut off. ( makes for a better pic. anyways lol )

Attached Files:

2. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i forgot the big fish was caught in 18ft. of water useing skip jack head, on a catfish safari lake rod. it handled the fish very well. had a team catfish double action hook . andes 40# envy green line. and a team cat fish sinker slide. every thing worked just like good equip. should.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    " Headless man catches giant Blue Cat "..

LOL. Man that's a nice blue !!!! A big Congrats, thanks for sharing.

-Jim-

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the new PB!!! Thanks also for sharing the pics and story!:wink::big_smile:

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on your new PB Blue! Thats a hog. :smile2:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Rusty on the PB Blue Cat! That is a real hawg! :cool2: Too bad about the pics but we can at least admire the fish! :big_smile: Thanks for the report!

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Russ! Very Nice fish!!!!

8. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dang, Rusty, your on a roll this year! Hope that luck keeps up for you at the New Madrid tournament.

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    congrats on the PB!

10. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like one heck of a Trip. Congrats on your new PB and for placing in the tourney.

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrat Russ on a true pig of a fish!!:smile2:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    very nice fish ya got. bet dad had a great time seeing something like that. sorry for the bad luck but sometimes the good comes with a lil bad. congrats.

13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Great fish! Congrats on your new PB. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Good lookin' fish there, Russ!! Congrats on the new PB!:big_smile::wink:

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great job and great fish. Keep us updated on your future personal best

16. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the pics Russ! Congrats on your new PB!:wink:

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Congrats on your new PB

18. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I think it is a great pic. I mean after all it had all of the only thing we want to see anyway.

19. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Great fish Russ! Congratulations on a new PB, the 2nd place finish and big fish in the tournament.

20. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on your P.B Fish thats one nice looking cat there, thank you for sharing the pictures with us, I bet that fish put up a really good fight, thanks once again for sharing this with us and good luck from here on out.