Very few boats on Friday

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by jonnycat, Oct 28, 2006.

1. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I launched from Marshall Hall around 1pm Friday and was the only truck/trailor at the lot/ramp. Maybe saw 10 glitter boats but not much activity otherwise. Light rain and wind but not too bad for a few hours. Caught a 22lb'er on 9in white perch with the tail cut off. A little later on a 7lb'er was able to fit my big hook in its mouth. It was nice to be on the water regardless. Eventually I'll be using some shad if I can locate them. I took my bait with me this trip to save time. Another site I visit had a suggestion for today regarding the weather. The idea is to go spend some money at your local tackle supplier since the weather is limiting fishing on big water, or any water for matter, and help them out on another bad fishing day. Maybe I'll be out there again by the middle of the week. Good luck to those who chance it out there today and be safe. Later for now---jonnycat

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    YA JOHNNY I WAS UP AT THE FORT UNTILL AROUND NOON AND ONLY SAW THE BASS GUYS COMING BY I WAS THE ONLY ONE FISHING THE FORT BUT BITES WAS LIGHT DID HAVE TWO NICE REEL RUNS BUT NO HOOK UPS . i WAS GOING TOMORROW BUT WITH 40 PLUS WIND TONITE INTO THE MORNING THINK A TRIP TO BASS PRO IS IN THE WORKS.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    well we ended up out on the river today and the winds was there with white caps must of the day. We ended up fishing around the birdge must of the day to stay out of the wind as best we can. Did get one noce fish around 21 lbs and maybe 30 eater size fish. had maybe 4 bigger fish that got off coming in but thats fishing. only saw one other boat that was fishing all day marked some nice fish along the channels but just couldn't get set up there maybe next time.