Versailles State Park

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by farbeyonddriven, Oct 8, 2008.

1. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone ever been? had any luck? The only thing I've caught out of there has been tiny...and I do mean TINY channels, and the ocasional flathead.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Versailles has some really decent crappie fishing and alot of small bass. If you are wanting catfish my suggestion is head about 30 minutes down the road and hit the Ohio River, I've never caught any nice ones out of Versailles (haven't targeted them too much) If you are wanting to try smaller water, try Brush Creek. It is west of Versailles on US 50. It has some really quality channel catfish in it. Some flatheads, and I've heard rumors of big blue cats down by the dam (never actually seem those though)

3. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went to the park two weekends ago and my dad caught an 8lbs. flatty, not a monster by any means, but it helped me believe that just maybe there are some decent sized ones in there.

Yeah, I'm going down to the river friday night, life sucks without a boat!

Read up on Brush Creek, sounds good too, thanks for the info, and good to see a fellow bengals fan, even though they really suck.

4. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I grew up in Versailles. haven't fished the lake since the mid seventies. Used to have decent size flatties and channels but no real monsters that I know of.
    Steve