Verotik's Deer cam pictures

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by VerotiK, Oct 26, 2005.

1. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Ok, i figured i'd just start my own section for deer cam pictures instead of starting a new thread every time. Heres a new buck i got a pic of. Looks like a 7-point. You can see my homemade deer scent dripper hanging in the tree. He's standing right over the scrape with his rear end.

Attached Files:

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Cool pic. Did you start that scrape or find out? and what did you make that dripper from and whatcha got in it. Looks like you got some bucks to choose from out there.

3. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    I have a feeling I'm gonna like this thread. its nice to see deer in the wild. i wish i could of developed a camera I used to have. I had a great pic of a small fawn from 2 feet away. It didn't take of from us till we damn near touched it.

4. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    The scrape is a natural scrape that i found while scouting. The dripper is made from a 500ml IV bag and a primary IV 60-drop tubing set. I injected 400ml of tap water and 30ml of Active Scrape which is made my Wildlife Research.

5. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
  6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Now thats a nice buck! Look at the Mass on those horns, Thats a Dandy for around here. Runnin scrapes at night, those dudes are slick, you know they are there but ya just never see em. If I was you I would be looking for the thickest stuff around and thats where you can catch him either comin or goin, I would find it and sit on it from dark to dark, he has to come out sometime!!! ;)

7. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm with Mac on this one......real good buck.....would diffitnetly find the thickest cover and setup on it from dusk til dawn.

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    couple of good looking bucks you got there,,jon.... :p

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Cool pics, thanks for sharing and keep'em coming.

10. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Well, im gonna go ahead and say the rut has started here in NW Arkansas, because the scrape i have been getting so many pictures of has completely ceased to have any activity. I did manage to get a picture of this bobcat. Its my first bobcat on camera. I saw this guy about 3 weeks ago when i was bowhunting. Pretty neat animals.

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bobcat2gd.jpg

11. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    After looking, maybe im wrong. This looks more like a housecat?? Unless there are some bobcats that have long tails. :confused: Where its at, there aren't any houses around for a long ways, so maybe it could be a wild cat.

12. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    looks like a Tom tabby. They are many wild cats here too. I have been lucky enough to see several bobcats, even have one mounted. I would like to get a fox next, but would rather have one live as a kit and raise it like a dog.

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    VerotiK

I did some looking at this and enhancing the photo I believe it is a house cat, I put one of the Bobcats that I had in a hunters trap one time with it here.

14. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    yeah, that second one there's definitely a house cat. felix domestica

15. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Yeah, i had decided it was a house cat, but i do believe it is a wild cat, not an ordinary house cat.

16. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Heres a pic of an 8-point that was at my feeder yesterday. Yep, i was at work. It looks dark in the pic, but its right a shooting light. Wish i woulda been there. At least its halfway through season and he's still alive. Still got a shot at a decent buck.

http://img429.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8point7nj.jpg

17. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    well it's a shooter, hope when you off work you get a chance at him.....

18. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Looks like someone needs to call in sick ;)

19. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
  20. retailredneck

retailredneck New Member

State:
    Richmond Va
    I was wondering if you seen the second deer in that picture standing beside the two trees together right by the bucks nose just further back?