Vermilion River, La water color?

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by StuBone278, Nov 10, 2006.

1. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Ok well I went check on my boat on wednesday, and I saw something crazy. The Vermilion River had BLACK water!!! Now this is very weird to me, as for as long as I can remember the river is ALWAYS very brown and muddy with 6 inches or so of visibility. Not that day, a foot and a half, 2 feet you could see down, and the current was keepin on as normal. My dad suggested rain, but when it rains it stays just as murky as normal. Could it be the "turnover" that caused the water to get like this? Any ideas? (It didnt' smell any different either.):tounge_out: Whatever it was, it made me wanna go catfishing really bad, but I could only check on the boat.:sad2:

2. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I'll bet it's just the tanic levels went up with all the leaves fallin now. Lakes up here around Shreve's burg turn that color at different times of the year.. I know it didn't turn over cause that's a lake occurance and it's nasty, and smelly..... All the rains they had down south probably did flush alotta the dirty stuff out.....Any how's get out thar and try them cats..........

3. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    That does make sense. The pond I fish is also getting very clear now, its awesome! Just about every time you catch a bass you can see it run and nail your lure.:tounge_out:

4. KajunPCB

KajunPCB New Member

State:
    Panama City Beach,Fl.
    when the water is black its time to go back home for the day lol maybe a oil spill or something?