Verdigris River is it posible

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by frisco_kid, Jan 24, 2009.

1. frisco_kid

frisco_kid New Member

State:
    kansas
    i need to know is it posible to run the river from coffeyville ks to lake oologah in oklahoma we are capable of running through shallow water we ran the arkansas from oxford ks to kaw lake in one day last year we were running 50 mph in shallows of 6inch were r the baot ramps on this river if you would like to see some of our fishin pics go to myspace.com/79z28406sbc

we have a 1966 dcc G3 boat with a 115 yamaha with a 6inch jack plate

2. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Hi Brandon, I don't know anything about the Verdigris, but welcome to the BOC.
    Where you from?

3. leadsinker

leadsinker Member

State:
    Wichita, K
    Welcome to the BOC Bradon.........

4. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I dont know but I would think you would be trespassing on private property. Kansas has some crap laws on navigation. If you are on the Arkansas River or the Kansas River you are OK. Any other river is questionable. Hope this helps.

Cody

5. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I don't know much of that river, but I know there is at least two low water dams in Coffeyville alone. No clue what could be waiting for you across the border. The water gets pretty shallow in Coffeyville and if I remember right pretty rocky. I would say that it is probably not possible but I couldn't say for sure. Not to mention I doubt there are any boat ramps... maybe in Oklahoma but probably not in Kansas cause of their previously mentioned navigation laws (not sure what Oklahoma laws are). If you had something you could carry on maybe. I actually have put a small light jon boat on it with a trolling motor just above the dam to check out the river. Below the dam though, I've seen trucks cross the river easily... maybe a foot of water at the most.

6. tn_5568

tn_5568 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I am not sure about the river that far south. the river actually starts about 10 to 15 miles south of my home town. It is pretty cool to check out. it is a little spring just trickling out of a hill in the flinthills and pools up. very cold and great drinking water. it is a very little stream there but once you get close to madison ks it gets a little better.

7. tn_5568

tn_5568 New Member

State:
    kansas
    couldn't tell anybody how to get there. i haven't been in years and it is really out in the middle of nowhere. not even a road sign, telephone poles, or any other sign of civilization!

8. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Can you tell me how I would find out the Kansas Navigation Laws? Thanks

9. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,

http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/regulatory/Section 10 Navigable Waters.pdf

here are some navigatable rivers,,,it used to be if the river was deemed navigatable it was open to the public,,,but you had to have permission to cross private property to get to the river,,,,any other waters were deemed private and permission required....unless of course if the waters were State or Fed Gov owned,,,,,help me anyone if I am wrong

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Quite a few years ago my son and me made a float trip from the Nebraska line down to Wakefield, seen folks along the way on shore, no one ever said anything. I believe the Republican is not considered "navigable" for that stretch.

11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

If you do a search on here there has been a lot of talk on the subject.

12. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas