Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think a pile of cars make good cover for blues or flatheads? Scanned these images last weekend while trawling the Verdigris. It will be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to fish again.

Mark

Text Medical imaging Sky Organism Rock

Text Organism Medical imaging Rock World

· Registered
64 Posts
Cool photos! My depth finder is a string and a rock!

I would like to know where on the Verdigris you spotted these car bodies?? From Rogers point to Bluff landing the river, (middle channel) varies from 30-40ft. deep. Catching a fish out of a car body is liken to pulling a fish out of a stump or brush pile. Most likely "not going to happen". Unless your line is taught and your drag is tight!
I tell you what I will never noodle a car body again. The sharp glass, rusted metal etc. are too dangerous to stick an arm into. If you could set up as close to the car as possible, as to coax the monster out of it's hiding place to take the bait you stand a good chance of hook up without getting hung inside the body. Those big cats will run for cover as soon as hooked. Use heavy line and set your drag tight. Paul has some good "J" hook vs "Circle" hook videos on this web site. No circle hooks for this type of fishing, you must stop the catfish from running.
Good Luck

· Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,717 Posts
That one looks like an old -gangster car!!!:skeleton: Uh there could be someone in the cars....you know....DEAD......the probably washed down from the ramp when the water was high:umbrella:!!!!! Steven there are no cars in Kerr!!! LOL:devil:

· Registered
405 Posts
That one looks like an old -gangster car!!!:skeleton: Uh there could be someone in the cars....you know....DEAD......the probably washed down from the ramp when the water was high:umbrella:!!!!! Steven there are no cars in Kerr!!! LOL:devil:
hey sam! one time randy and myself were fishing just after a big rain, we spoted a coke pop box coming down the channel. we got to talking about how good a coke would be so we gave it a shot! sure enough the box still had cokes, yea theres nothing like a coke! lol i know of a least two places on the north side of the lake where cars are dumped, no telling how many coal pits have cars in them.

· Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the photos and location of the car bodies in the Verdigris. Your depth finder must have been big bucks. The cars were probably pushed down that old boat ramp. Probably stolen cars or just dumping junk cars. Or someone let their better half back the boat down into the water and forgot to tell her when to stop. (lol) anyway, I think I may try to fish those bodies once in a while. I am new to this area, however, the Verdigris river is the roughest, toughest spot I have ever fished. Pig hunters running up and down the bank at night shooting it up like the old west. Barges, boats and now sunken car bodies, wow, sounds like a good spot to fish. Thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.