Verdigris River above Oologah lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by sam1800, Aug 8, 2009.

1. sam1800

sam1800 New Member

State:
    Oologah,Oklahoma
    Has anyone been on the river latley around big creek ramp. thinking about giving it a try in the next couple of weeks.

2. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I'm headed up there in about an hour. Going to set some jugs and throw out a few rods. I'll post a report in the morning if I do any good...

3. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I got skunked last night. That is the first time I have ever not caught anything on the Verdigris. I only sat out 8 jugs and 4 rods and fished till midnight. I took my old lady with me, had some gar jackin with one of her rods, that was the only action there was. I am pretty much just going to chalk it up to her being bad luck. Every time I take her fishing I don't catch crap.

4. sam1800

sam1800 New Member

State:
    Oologah,Oklahoma
    I am going to try to go in a couple of weeks. went below oologah dam sunday and caught 3 small blues too many people in my normal spot though

5. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I'd just about rather stay home than fish below the dam. The whole point of going fishing for me is to relax and get away from people, which is the opposite of what I get there. I'd rather get skunked in the peace and quiet than to catch 10 behind the dam.

6. sam1800

sam1800 New Member

State:
    Oologah,Oklahoma
    i am going to big creek friday will post back an update on saturday.

7. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Anyone hit Big Creek or the Verdigris lately? I was thinking of going this weekend. Not sure how the rains and cooler weather will factor in on the fishing... and ideas?

8. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Noooo idea!
    Sorry!

Q

9. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    don'nt know the area but this cooler weather will get the flatheads to start bitting better