Verdigris below Oologah

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by ronlyn239, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    With the recent rains, and the current release from Oologah of 10000 cfs, has anyone been fishing for catfish in the river below the dam?

2. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I plan on going this week myself,hope they are there.

3. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I would LIKE to go catfishin back there, just to see what happens. But since it is turkey season, and crappie are bout to fire up... not sure which to choose.

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Easy choice..hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon

5. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    That's probably what I will end up doing. Just throw all the turkey gear, waders and fishin poles in and head out for the day. I'm sure the ol lady will be thrilled to hear that!

6. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Going tomorrow afternoon to try for cats and spoons,I'll let you know how it goes.

7. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Hey Fishdog, holler if you need any company down there! I'd like to snag a spoon but have never lived anywhere there were any, so I'm chompin at the bit for some lessons. I planned on going out when I get off at 3.

8. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry Mud didn't see your post till I got back,We didn't catch anything today not even a little one,hope you do better,maybe we can hook up and go sometime.

9. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I didn't catch much to speak of. Was crappie fishin before the storm blew through, nothing but little ones, so I started cuttin their heads off and using them for bait. Caught a couple of decent blues. Gonna go back Saturday after I get done turkey huntin if it ain't too crowded down there, which I figure it will be. Supposed to be pretty nice, not much wind.