Verde River below horseshoe report 5-8-07

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by az cat hunter, May 9, 2007.

1. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Took my son out for a few hrs and it was slow!We caught 4 channels(small) and 2 bass 2-3lbr's and I had one big run on a bluegill,but nothing there when I set the hook.We were alone out there,it was nice,but fishing was slow.Anyway,just thought I'd report on it.We will be going to bartlett this weekend to try!

2. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    If you consider 6 fish in a few hours slow , you are a much better fisherman than me, I'd take those numbers all day every day LMAO. Did you take indian springs road back to the river or did you head down the road to horseshoe. It would be nice if indian springs is open again , it's been closed for 3 yrs.

3. bartlettcat

bartlettcat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    nice fish and reort

4. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    It was slow cause 4 days before,my son hung a 6lb bass out and a couple nice flats.He had 6 bluegill,went thru them quickly and couldnt catch any more.So when we went last time and had lots of bait,we expected to catch lots.Oh well,thats why its called fishin,not catchin!!We didnt take indian springs as its still closed.I cant wait for it to open.Im thinking of taking a quad down there,but I dont want to upset the rangers!!

5. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    What part of the verde were you fishing?

6. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Right behind the dam of horseshoe lake.