Verde river below Bartlett

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by fishinpolak, Mar 6, 2007.

1. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey i am wondering if there is any good fishing down here. I am wanting to see how catfishing is over here. Flathead or channel and what bait? Thanks guys

2. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Matt.Have you ever went tubing down the Verdi?

3. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    no i have only tubed down the salt river.

4. woz1

woz1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    matt, i,m a new member and also a fellow polak. and yes there is alot of giant flatheads and channels in it. try a casting net for live shad below the dam. sqeeze the shad till they bleed on a 1/0 hook. is the road open to the dam. i've been waiting and waiting and. we'll you get the idea.
    good luck

5. woz1

woz1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    if any of you guys out there chat with ike whitson/ the great white hunter. he's a member and i havn,t seen him in 25 years. please send him my way. thanks, woz1 curtis woznicki

6. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    ya last time i went the road to the dam was closed iv never seen it open before. Only fish need that camp ground area. Think i might head out there sometime soon and try my luck.

7. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    with the lake as low as it is , I doubt if it is more than a trickle below bartlett , been down there a few times and not impressed to say the least

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona

I think Ol Ike moved up to Washington state...
    * Nice guy, I met him a few times at Bartlett catfishing.

9. woz1

woz1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    andy, thanks for the heads up with ike. it ends up he read my thread. hey that rymes! any way i talked to him and got caught up. maybe i'll run into you at bartlett sometime. i have a white tundra 4x ext. cab w/ woz1 for a lic plate. good fishin, curtis.