The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any1 fish this part of the river latly? Was thinking of giving it a try my dad used to catch lots of flats 15 years ago but things do change.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Visited that stretch of river several times last year. I found a spot just down river from the outlet and a few areas south around the campground. No luck with channels or flats...I was able to catch a few small carp. I would like to return to find the turn off that leads further south past the camp...it seemed promising on google earth. Good luck and post with updates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some of my buddies and I went past the spillway down by the camping area and had no luck. Few campers caught some small channels but, everybody that I talk to as well says that a few hudred yards down from the spill is where you want to be. I might go there Saturday night to see whats up at the camping area. The altima does not like the sand. :smile2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i went out and gave it a try for a couple of hours with my brother. Caught a bunch of carp and 1 desert sucker. As for catfish only caught a little channel. Not even a run on cut carp. River looks promising but who knows will have to try agian once more. Later guys

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have caught some decent channels out of there,up to 10 lbs or so!!!!!!Never caught a flattie tho!!!!!Not yet!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will be down below horseshoe dam this weekend for the easter holiday.I will post how i do.chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts