verde river below bartlet

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by fishinpolak, Feb 18, 2008.

1. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Any1 fish this part of the river latly? Was thinking of giving it a try my dad used to catch lots of flats 15 years ago but things do change.

2. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Visited that stretch of river several times last year. I found a spot just down river from the outlet and a few areas south around the campground. No luck with channels or flats...I was able to catch a few small carp. I would like to return to find the turn off that leads further south past the camp...it seemed promising on google earth. Good luck and post with updates.

3. DoubleJ007

DoubleJ007 New Member

Some of my buddies and I went past the spillway down by the camping area and had no luck. Few campers caught some small channels but, everybody that I talk to as well says that a few hudred yards down from the spill is where you want to be. I might go there Saturday night to see whats up at the camping area. The altima does not like the sand. :smile2:

4. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey thanks for the info... i wonder if there any good size channels or flats around there.

5. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Well i went out and gave it a try for a couple of hours with my brother. Caught a bunch of carp and 1 desert sucker. As for catfish only caught a little channel. Not even a run on cut carp. River looks promising but who knows will have to try agian once more. Later guys

6. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I have caught some decent channels out of there,up to 10 lbs or so!!!!!!Never caught a flattie tho!!!!!Not yet!!!!

7. marky1957

marky1957 New Member

State:
    texas
    Have the carp taken the lake...I hope not!

8. luv2fishaz

luv2fishaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    I fished there on tues 3-11 no luck but I am going back next week, its just a matter of time and they will start hittin.

9. cbf

cbf New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    I will be down below horseshoe dam this weekend for the easter holiday.I will post how i do.chris

10. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    your awesome i wish i was that good