Verde river at Cottonwood again

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by ragincajun19, Sep 14, 2009.

1. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Went last night for a couple hours and tried another experiment. I used hog wild on one pole and worms on the other. The worms outfished the dip 2 fish to 0. Also had a groaning beaver cruising up and down the river, never heard them do that before. I got here at about 5:45 and within 30 minutes caught 2 little channels then when it started to get dark all the bites stopped. It was really wierd. Maybe thats when the big flattie moved in...at least thats what I'd like to think.:wink: Maybe I should have strung up one of those little channels and tried to see what it was??!!??!!??!!??:big_smile: Oh well..another beautiful night on the dirty verde.

2. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona

Hey Tim...thanks for the update on the most recent experiment. it's interesting to hear what works in the different areas!

3. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Your secret 7 experiment will be interesting for sure!

4. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I can't wait for the secret 7 experiment!!! But I can't order it till next friday. I blew the tranny out of my race car so I have to spend the cash on that for two more races. I'm not going to race for the championship next year so it will be on like donkey kong!!!!!!!!!! I think next trip up here I will go for some flats though. Probably this friday night.

5. JNHoffman57

JNHoffman57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I bought some of that Secret 7 along with the red tubes & 2/0 hooks... Went out to Tempe Town Lake last nite ( only because I was supposed to go see David Allan Coe but he canceled last nite, so I had to do something! ) and all I used was the S7. I fished for about 2 hours and wasn't able to hook a single fish. Got lots of small bites, LOTS, but none would commit. Don't know whether I was doing something wrong, although I don't know what I could be doing wrong, or whether I was just in a spot with tons of dinks, I didn't catch a damn thing. I'll take it out to Pleasant sometime soon and see if it'll work better for me out there.

6. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think I will be the first person up here to try it in the river. Its kind of cool being the northern arizona guy except for the fact that the fishing is better down south. OK that pretty much makes it suck being up here. Went I went to Pleasant it was 80 miles from my driveway to the boat launch so I guess thats not too bad.

7. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    the tubes didnt work well for me either, i had better luck with the sponges & treble. worked well for me at ttl & bartlett.
    alot of the good fishing spots are closed due to all the construction going on. if you can get a hold of a small boat and trolling motor and make your way to the east dam I'm sure your you'll have better luck.

8. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    don't forget to try down stream by brown springs its at the end of salt mine rd.

9. gdhntr

gdhntr New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dave, don't give away secret spots like that......LOL

10. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have been there before so its not a secret!!! I just run down to spots closer to me on work nights then on weekends i like to explore. My car got broken into last time I was there though.:angry: