Verde River 7/11-12

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by team454ss, Jul 14, 2008.

1. team454ss

team454ss New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :embarassed: Wow, bad trip. I went back to the hole I thought would be amazing. I only got about 4 bluegill between 2 pm and sundown. All but the largest one got eaten by chanells, and the big boy ended up sitting on a hook all alone for hours! The channels I caught on bluegill were barely large enough to eat the bait. I actually had better fish on anchovies,but even there, no keepers. Just a frustrating night for the new guy in town who in 4 months has not landed ANYTHING over 3 pounds. The good news ( I guess) is that my catch rate was a little under one (tiny) fish per hour, and my cast net pulled up an astonishing number of bass frye! I am dying for recomendations. My wife is not able to hike or climb down rocky slopes, and we love to fish together. She does not have the patience for Flats, but loves to catch anything we can eat. Oh, no boat. Anybody willing to offer advise?:embarassed:

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I just got back from fishing canyon, apache and the upper salt at roosevelt. I caught 3 1-5 lb channels and an 8-10 lb flat in two days and nights of non stop fishing. Fishing off the banks in arizona is tough. The very nature of the lakes themselves makes shore fishing very limited.
    Basically anywhere you can easily get to is fished out. Im pretty disheartened and angry about the state of fishing in arizona. When I was fishing the salt, the hole I was fishing became a swimming pool for a bunch of um, people. I guess its time to buy a boat.

3. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    If I had a recommendation I would say go to bartlett and follow the signs to the back boat ramp. Go just past the boat ramp to SB cove. You can park right next to the water and there's tons of bait and where there's bait there FLATS

4. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Try the bartlett flats area like micah said. Lots of baitfish there you can use for bait at night. Just so you know on the weekend there are lots of people that camp in that area, during the week is the best.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am sure you will have better luck in the future

6. team454ss

team454ss New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks to everyone! I have taken a look at Bartlett. Hope I get to try it there soon!