VENTING!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MrFlathead, Aug 27, 2009.

1. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    NOBODY IN MY FAMILY IS BALD.... THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!!!

This Military doctor prescribed cocktail is causing me to lose my hair and I am not happy
    about it! I decided to quit all but my blood pressure medication which is the Hydrochlorothiazide
    and I am having some MAJOR withdraws. Wonder if I can turn hair loss due to medications into
    the VA and add that to my list of issues lol. Honestly though I do hope it starts coming back and I
    dont lose anymore! Those of you that didnt know I may be getting medically retired from the
    military depending on what the board decides. My clearance has already been
    medically suspended because my pschologist doesnt believe that I am
    mentally suited to do my job anymore and I am ok with that. There have been 4 suicides
    in the last 2 years and they were affraid I was headed that direction BUT what they
    dont realize is I LOVE my wife and kids way to much to do that and catfishing and my dog
    is right up there with the family! I got mixed up in a sticky situation and ended up
    having to have my right shoulder reconstructed, loss of hearing in my right ear and nerve damage
    in my right side especially in my face which has led to a military shaving waiver and I do have to say
    that after the crap was all over I do enjoy being able to have a bit of a beard in uniform but I
    get alot of staring and questioned about it all the time by higher ups that are not aware of what
    happend. Then I was on percoset and vicoden alternating for almost 9 months straight which led to
    digestion problems and anal fissures and to tell you the truth that is as much of a pain in the butt
    as everything else LOL. Several of the medications that I have been on have caused weight gain and I have
    gained 15lbs of fat since all of this started and now I am considered obese!

Risperidone
    Diazapam
    Clonazepam
    Quetiapine
    Hydrochlorothiazide

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      17.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      26.2 KB
      Views:
  2. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    No pitty please I am luckier than you will ever know!

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      12.1 KB
      Views:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Just shave your head, hair is overrated:wink:

4. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Exactly! I need a good shave now thinking about it.:wink::smile2:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yep, it is over rated:wink:

6. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

Yeah just shave, then nobody can noitice your loosing hair till your shiny and smooth allllll the time! :cool2:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Quit whining,I started loosing my hair at the ripe old age of 18,Now I got more in my moustache than on my head:wink: I just have the wife give me a buzz cut every couple weeks. I kinda like NOT combing my hair .:cool2:

8. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Zach, I used to teach an NCOPD course along the same lines you are going through now.

Long complicated course, especially when you are dealing with two varying medical evaluation process(s) and the needs these system(s) serve.

The Service will ultimately use the (1) disqualifying injury or illness which precluded you from completing service.

The VA will rate you on all Service connected injuries / illnesses .

At your age,"young" you are going to need documented findings from medical authorities on each illness / injury. A simple,"went to sick call" wont be credible enough to adjudicate based on the limited info you posted.

Wrapping it up, the best thing you can do is search for a copy of a document called VASRD.

Veterans Affairs Schedule for Rating Disabilities (VASRD)

It list all the percentages of disability, what you need to meet this percentage, and more technical data.

With this key you will be holding the lock V.S. picking at the lock.

You are probably going through a PEB V.S. an MEB based on your post.

If your clearance was suspended, not good for the home team.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  9. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    Now that you guys have had hair issues for several years now you can say that LOL! I bet when the whole ordeal started you prolly was a little upset werent you?

10. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Go bald, all the women will like you better.

Kojack is back! :smile2:

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Zach I knew I would be bald by the time I was 18 so it was expected. Now Ill admit that I didnt start shaving it till I was 40 but it does feel good when you get the razor out and make it babies azz smooth :smile2:. Ive never had long hair so I never really missed it. It is different tho if you shave it and like CC said the women love it:wink:

12. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il

The PEB is actually done and so are the VA appointments. Everything is documented and I wouldnt post it on here lol. The paperwork has been sent up to AFPC and I am waiting for the final decision from them. I dont know the VA percent till they come back with that sadly. About the clearance... I cant do my job without it and would have to retrain and that is something that I will not do unless ordered to so I am as good as gone as far as I can see. My Medical records are 2 volumes thick and that is only for the last 2 years, everything is very well documented.

13. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il

All the women... are you trying to get me in trouble i just got to keep one women liking me LOL!

14. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il

REPS to you!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a great laugh from that LOL

My wife liked it when I cranked it up to LOL LOL LOL

(EDIT)
    Gots to spread some reps first lol ill get to it!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  15. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
  16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hit ya back, Zach!

BB

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  18. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey mr flathead use that wallmart stash hair diye that pat downing weres, hands down to pat for that mustash lol:smile2:

19. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    You know, I am not the clubing type but my wife has been trying to get me to go out and dancing with her cause she wont go without me. If I did could you imagine the supprise and embarrasment she would get if I whipped out some moves like those kids in that video i posted LMAO!