Vented BOC Caps? Do you wear them?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Been some request for BOC vented, or the mesh in the back style BOC Hats. We are nearing the point for re-ordering hats for the BOC member store, and looking to add this new style hat to the compliment of headgear we have available.

My question(s) for you are:

Does anyone where these styles, or was it a series of isolated request? Squeaky wheel gets the oil?

When viewing the 100's of member photos, I never see these worn?

Is the current style what you would kindly consider, “Outdated”?

Do you think it needs a design rework?

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i dont wear mesh style hats. just look to farmerish lol. :smile2:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Jeremy,

What is a vented hat? :eek:oooh:

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I like a vented hat, and the BOC graphics is fine like they are. Later Andy

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Paul, no I personally wouldn't wear the vented style caps, but that;s just me. Your question about a redesign though, I'd like to see a solid colored bill available. I would buy one. The big red splash doesn't go with everything. It's a pretty hat, and I love it, but would also like something a bit more neutral...like solid black, or cammo.:wink:

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I consider the mesh type hats to be a summer style, whearas the enclosed hats are a winter style. Believe me, you don't wear those closed hats when its in the high ninety's or low hundreds. LOL

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Lawrence, do you like white mesh type caps? My buddy Bill says they are definitely the coolest (as in temp, not looks :wink:) for summer wear. He doesn't care how dirty they get, long as they help with the sweat factor. Did you know you can wash ball caps in the dishwasher?

Paul, although I personally don't wear ball caps, I have a couple of friends in my area (yes they are BOC members) who also prefer the mesh type in the summertime. I think it's a good idea, just wouldn't go crazy on the amount you order; I know I would purchase at least one for each of them. Will they be the same colors as the existing BOC hats?

I like Matt's idea about a camo cap too.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    To me the sellin point of a good hat is the way it fastens and adjusts in the back. The mesh caps always seem to have the plastic tab that don't hold up and irritates your knoggin. LOL!

MY KINGDOM FOR A CAMMO HAT:cool2:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    also an idea. how about visor type. i would pick one or two of them up for the wife and my oldest likes them too.

and i third the camo too.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I like the mesh style hat myself to wear in the summer. Like awshucks said you don't wear one of the present BOC caps in 90 degree weather. As for the design leave it as is and order a couple dozen of the mesh style hats, They will sell and BG any thing ought to bother that noggin you have.:smile2:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I also prefer the mesh style for summer ,solid type in winter.

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Boss, if you buy some solid color hats without the racing stripe thingy's on them I'll buy!

Don't care for those. LOL:haha: Just one mans opinion, go with the masses!

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I never wear any type cap but I think the BOC caps look sharp. :big_smile:

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Personally I wear Summer hats year round. No matter how cold it gets.
    The only time I wear my BOC cap is for dress .Love it but to me just a bit warm.Guess I just got a hot head. Sort of like the idea of Camo.Have never had any trouble with the plastic strap in the back.I like the idea of mesh for summer and closed in for winter.

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i like the mesh caps myself and any color but black or dark blue is good.i go for the lighter colors myselr.also if you could get them in hunters orange i believe they would go like hot cakes.

16. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for bring this up an yes iv aways wonted to know why you all didnt have these if you bring them out count me in on a few of them for sure they are great in the summer thanks

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I would want a vented mesh summer weight hat. I had to wear my BPS hat because the BOC hat was too hot for me. I couldn't stand all that trapped in heat.

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes, I am going to have to agree with alot of folks here. Those "Mesh Caps" as you call them are a great year round cap. I preffer them to the solid ones as long as they are"NOT" camo. You wouldn't believe the morons that wear these things around here, LOL!!!
    When it gets into the colder months I like a solid cap at times. Problem these days is most companies are not giving choices in what caps they are selling or giving away.
    I would like to see a choice in the hat styles that the BOC has to offer. I like the present selection but, there are no "Summer" hats to chose from.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We call them foam rubber fishnet hats:big_smile:

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I only ware the John deer type hats, with the foam in front and mesh back..They are the only ones I can get to fit:eek:oooh: