Venision for bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by jonboy4542001, May 15, 2006.

1. jonboy4542001

jonboy4542001 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know that just about everybody has there own favorite special bait for catfishing. I recently came upon my favorite and thought I would share. I was making some jerky a few weeks ago. I cut deer and beef into 1/4 thick strips and maranaded it in worestshire(spelling) garlic, brown sugar, and salt for over night. Well i had to go out of town for a few days and totally forgot about my jerky to be in the fridge. It smelled a little odd so i decided not to jerk it when i got back. So the other day i was going fishing and decided what the heck i will try it. So far the vension has worked amazingly. The beef works too but seems slightly less effective. I have caught 4 15lb flathead and 2 8lb channels in a farm pond, and a 20lb flat in the KY river.. Not too mention a few curious bass.....It seems to be pretty consistent. I know primarly fish with this and gills with amazing results.....Might be worth trying.....

2. jonboy4542001

jonboy4542001 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Oh yeah, Hi to all!!!!

3. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Sounds interesting! What all do you use in your marinate?

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I tried deer liver last year but didn't get any hits on it. I would have thought it would work. Maybe I needed some of that "What's this here sauce" on it!