Varmit bullets

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by HOKIEFISHER, May 21, 2009.

1. HOKIEFISHER

HOKIEFISHER New Member

State:
    Halifax, Va
    I just got a 30-06 for my birthday and I was going to try and shoot some groundhogs with it and I was wondering what would be a good bullet for groundhogs?

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    first off you need to find a brand and weight of bullet that your rifle shoots well. after that, go shoot some groundhogs! whether you hit them with a 125 grain or a 180 grain bullet, the results will be devastating, to say the least. every now and again, i will test my zero on prairie dogs with my .30-06. if i can make a p dog explode at 200 yards, i now i can hit the boiler room of any deer or hog. regardless of what load i am shooting, p dog chunks fly in every direction! it's a blast, just a little expensive. they're kind of like those potato chips, once you pop, you can't stop! have fun.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    excellent analogy chips to shooting p. dogs Jordon.!! You are correct, with the cost of Ammo, High volume Dog shooting gets expensive. I have customer from GA that travels to N Dakota every year. He loads a 1000 .243 Win. bullets before he leaves. Shoots a week and comes back with nothing but empty brass. Ouch!

4. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    Either polymer tipped or "varmint grenade" bullets are amazeing. No wounding prarie dogs. GRUESOM!!

5. ol'catmandoo

ol'catmandoo New Member

State:
    S.E IA
    I love the polymer tipped.they are unreal!