varmint calling

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by crossxsticks, Nov 18, 2005.

1. crossxsticks

crossxsticks Member

State:
    oklahoma
    digital, or electronic calls , just wondering who is selling the best one, looking at fox pro and minaska bandit any one using these calls ,would appreciate your thoughts and good and bad experiences with them thanks .

2. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    Ive been using one of them old jonny stuart{name may be wrong but its close lol} tape calls for years,its not top of the line or anything but she gets the job done just fine.....been wanting to upgrade to one of them newer CD or digi ones but im not sure what to go with so ill be watching this thread to see where she leeds :)

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's 6 one way half a dozen another. My brother has a fox pro and it's nice and light, so i'm going to order mine when i get home from work most likely.

4. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I just use this very simple system.It's a bullhorn and all I do is;

"Hey , Inlaws! Supper's ready!"
    And the varmits come runnin.
    LOL

5. crossxsticks

crossxsticks Member

State:
    oklahoma

do you now if his fox-pro has a removable flash card that can be re programed with a card reader -writer to diffrent sounds or replaced ?

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Had a Fox-pro w/remote, 12 sounds and the remote decoy.........liked it, but went back to hand calls. You used to have to send your unit back to fox-pro to get new sounds but I think they now have an adapter that will let you download their sounds. Visit the Fox-pro site, also visit predatormasters and look under electric callers............tons of info in both places. Wasn't real happy with the way the buttons on the remote weren't raised but it worked, good solid call with good sounds to choose from. I just didn't enjoy the hunt near as much when I wasn't calling..............I spill my guts when I'm playing the bunny blues :D

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    yeah you can reprogram them now with your own sounds or you can buy there sounds. 16 sounds for 20$ and upload them to the call. Not all that bad really. There nice and light, they look like a 6volt flashlight.