vanilla magic bait

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by jdw123, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jdw123

jdw123 New Member

State:
    texas
    has anybody ever used this vanilla flavored bait that magic bait makes. i see at wal-mart in the catfishing section and thinking of trying it. it looks like dough balls.

2. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    vannila huh all ive ever seen is the anise mallos

3. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    I have tryrd it one time with not much luck. They went for the corn

4. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Yes, they will eat it. I will tell you this. If the carp are not already feeding in the area that you are fishing in, you will not get that many hits. You will need to chum them in, either with corn or a ground bait. Ladies & Gentlemen, if corn is not legal for chum in your state, use a ground bait. They can be made from many things such as, bread crumbs, cornmeal, oats, and cereals or all the above. You can mix in different flavorings like, cocoa powder, flavoring oils, Karo syrup, fruit juices, you get the picture. Make it just moist enough to hold together, when you throw it. Try this and whatever bait that you want. You should catch plenty of carp :wink:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTY5CXY7xSs&feature=related

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've tried several of the commercial baits over the years and caught nothing. I prefer my own homemade concoctions.

6. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you can't chum you can always try feeding the ducks corn. They sometimes get it before it sinks, same goes for a variety of other carp baits. Try and find what the "ducks" like.