Value of trolling motor?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by dinkbuster1, Apr 20, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    below are pics of a minn kota at-40 that came with my boat when i bought it last summer. its a foot controlled and i have no use for it, tried to trade it on a local forum for a tiller/bow mount with no success. thinking about selling it here localy but have no idea what the value of it might be or what i can get for it. anyone know? looks to be 2-3yrs old.

Attached Files:

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i had one just like that on my last boat and i have a new one just like it "almost on my new boat. the one i had exactly like yours had the foot switch go out but it was an easy "fairly cheap " fix . given the price they want for new ones id say in my part of the country some where between 125to 150 would be fair. if you think this low please dont be offended.

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yea 125 to 150 is a fair price since it looks like new still. I just looked up on google and all I can find on it are adds from 2004 and they were going 200 to 250 then. I would start higher and then dicker on it. maybe start at 200. That is one of the sad things about items like that it seems you can have a 2 or 3 year old trolling motor like that and never use it and may get 50% of what you paid for it.

4. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    who has the smallest catfish avatar, me or dink!!!!!!! lol

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The way it works for me is that every body else stuff is made out of gold and all my stuff is junk so I just put most of it out by the road and a sign that says free. Works well!

6. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    dont know what its worth . but i think minnkota is a great motor have one but it is remote control jurks my boat arround for about 10-12 hours has saved my rear mor than once:)