Value of rifle??

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Quackshutr, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Any suggestions on how to find out what the value of a rifle I own is?

Remington 700 BDL 24" barrel .338 Win Mag.
    #9 out of a 100 Limited Edition Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
    Gold inlaid on the barrel and receiver.
    Still in the original box, never even had the bolt installed in the rifle.

Q

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    you can probably contact the NRA for an appraisal

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Go to a good gun store and they will have the "Blue Book of Gun Values". My Blue Book is a few years old and is the 24th edition. Normally the BU, Quail Unlimited, etc etc guns really do not command much of a premium. The fact that the rifle is new in the box unfired is what is good. Should be worth slightly less than what a new one sells for. You have a very nice rifle. If I lived in Elk Country I would be dragging that rifle all over beating it up nice and ruining its value.:smile2: Good luck.

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would say that the true value of it or anything for that matter is the price you are willing to pay for it or sell it for. no matter what a book value is if you realy want it you'll pay more for it

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    It's worth about $75, but since your a BOC Brother I'll give ya $150 :wink:.

6. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Check for ones on ebay see what others are going for it is not an exact price but will give you a good idea of what yours is worth.

7. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    There won't be any rifles on ebay, since it's a seriously anti-gun organization. :angry:

You can look on auctionarms.com, gunbroker.com, or gunsamerica.com to try to find similar rifles. It's not really going to be worth any more than a regular 700 that's unfired, new in the box. You might luck into someone who collects the series, they'd probably pay a bit more for it than the average hunter/shooter that wants a Remington 700 in .338.

8. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    agreed!!

9. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Thanks guys,,,,,,,,,wasn't the value I was looking for but it seems the majority are telling me it's not really worth any more than a normal model 700 .338.

I do appreciate the input tho!

Deano