Value Hooks

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by steve-o, Aug 15, 2007.

1. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was at my local Wal-Mart last night when I stumbled upon some good deals that I wanted to pass along.

The first: was a “value pack” of assorted catfish hooks in a bronze style finish. The cost was a whopping $1.47. This assortment contained baitholder J-style hooks, wide gap J-styles, and 4/0 Kahle hooks. While I’m not particularly interested in the J-style hooks for cats, I do use Kahles quite a bit. I’m not sure what the exact hook count was, but I got approx. fifteen Kahles out of the pack. The package seemed to be a generic, done up especially for Wally World, but the hook quality is top notch.

The second bargain I found was a “circle hook kit” from eagle claw for $4.46. The kit contained hooks between 2/0 and 5/0. The 2/0, 3/0, and 4/0 were all of the surgical steel type and the 5/0 was a bronze type finish. The 2/0 and 3/0 aren’t of much use to me, as the wire is a little thin for catfishing. The 5/0 while stout, has a pretty short hook gap, but the 4/0 are perfect! The 2/0, 3/0, and 5/0 are all straight shank, while the 4/0 is an octopus circle. The count on the pack is 85 hooks which gives you approx. 22 of each size. For the price, this deal can’t be beat, especially considering what I have paid for top quality circles through Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the heads up, love a great deal.