Valley that Hope Forgot

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Sep 18, 2009.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
  2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    This will show you the coming (very soon) food shortage! California farmers are the largest supplier of crops to the world!

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    great post Robb, maybe the boneheads in government will see how bad the central valley needs the water. food grows where water flows

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on brother:wink:

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    the government went out of their way to bail out the automakers but are turning a blind eye...no they just dont give a shit about CA farmers.....like the signs say up and down I-5, well from bakersfield to the sac "a government created dust bowl"

6. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    I did know much bakerfield had that much farm land driving through it

7. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Bakersfield is a mostly farming/oil community but for the smaller towns north it is farming only.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great post Ray. got up this morning and read this post. Got me a jump start today. Thanks:wink:

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I do what i can to get your day started right:smile2::smile2:

10. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    wait fellas...anytime Willie nelson, John Cougar Mellencamp and Farmaid will come to save the CA farmers.......HAHAHAHA yea right. What we are seeing is politics at it's best..you scratch my back i will scratch yours.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I guarantee at voting time I will remember:wink:

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I sure hope but doubt it will Robb:sad2: It hasnt yet. LA and SF nut case politicians dont give a rats ass about the central valley.....as long as they suck the tax dollars to pay for their miss management.

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I know you and us others will Robb but others wont.....why isnt the UFW more vocal on this issue? because they suck off the democrats tit also

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yep them stupied @#% politicians don't care that one day we'll have to rely on foreign food:angry:

15. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yea guys.... I've been seeing the signs on the road for several years.... first... "where water flows.... food grows..." and then the latest...."congress created dust bowl...."

Its sad that this freeking state is so controlled by the big boys... and girls... folks need water down here and yet their is so much waste... all over the state......food is jobs... and money for so many folks all over this country....

We do need to keep the rivers flowing in some way.... and let the course of nature do its thing.....

16. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    it is a conspiracy against the Central Valley of CA ....and i say this only having 12 newcastles and a 32oz natural light

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree. It is a form a Domestic Terrorism. And I say this after 2 cups of Java and some grapes:wink:

18. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Everyone needs to see that so they can understand how politics really works and how it effects everyday people.

You wanna create jobs? Turn their water back on. If they really cared about working people and creating jobs, that valley would have water, and once successful Chrysler dealers would be allowed to stay dealers. :angry:

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good post Daniel:wink:

20. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Check the maps of voting, I bet the valley is a mostly repub voting record. I read recently that the sacramento river flows backwards when the pumps are turned on. I guess they are concerned about a small minnow, thats ok, but if they can't put up screens to keep em out, then how about going farther up river to get the water? I hope this gets fixed soon, its pretty sad to see the amount of dried up farm land and dried up orchards. Lots of people outa work, but the gov is coming to save them. The environmentalists are closing fishing grounds off shore too, what is the point of having all this beautiful CA if one can't enjoy it or use it to make a living. A nummber of wild animals are able to co-exist with humans, we ain't destroying em all. That water will get used or go to the ocean, the crops that are grown with the water also help clean the air. If they ever admit the mistake, it will still cost a lot of money to get everything back and producing. Too bad the idiots who make these decisions can't be accountable and responsible. That means it comes outa their pocket.