Valentines Smackdown!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sunbird, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Valentines Smackdown!!!!

I saw a post in the BOC "For Sale" section for a bait tank I had been considering and gave Wesley a call. Turns out Wes lives only 2 hours away. I bought the tank and he graciously delivered it to me! I invited him to go fishing when he came down. Well, he arrived at my house this morning and we went fishing. It rained and then it rained and then it rained somemore!! We got wet but had a blast! Made me a new friend, got a new bait tank and watched Wes reel in 6 fish. I managed one 5lb. Channel cat. Wes caught fish that weighed 7, 7.5, 37, 36, 28, 29!!!
    Wes I had fun and hope to fish with ya again!:wink:

Attached Files:

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    And once again, here is Wes!!!:smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Good deal. Thats what its all about.:wink:

4. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Some nice fish and a bait tank to boot. Sounds like a good day to me. Thanks for the report.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's a good trip, guys. Glad you got on them. Did you start in the dark, or fish late?
    I took the rain day to some Penn reels serviced, planning to go out today. Where did you launch from, Jon? How about bait. I haven't heard of much bait being caught at the Pinopolis dam; seems to be scattered around the lake. I might have to launch from Canal Lakes in order to get fresh bait.

6. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hey Jon,

I just realized why everyone else catches the fish on your boat instead of you. It's that gamecock emblem on the console. If you'll paint over it with some orange paint your luck will change!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    GREAT day, Jon!! Y'all worked on 'em pretty good!

Bill in SC

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    In my delerium last night I completely forgot to give a report!:embarassed::embarassed:

We fished 9am to 7pm and came out of the canal. I bought some BIG Gizzard Shad from the General Store in Santee on the way down. They also had some herring.................babies!! We started down around markers 4-2 and only caught 2 dinks, the 7 and 7.5, both Blues. I got frustrated that I couldn't get it to work, but went on a long looking and riding sesion and found what looked good on my graph out in front of Bonneau in 50' to 30' of water. We drifted and caught all the big ones there in 46'--to 30'. All after 4pm!!

9. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I will save my discussion for this topic in a couple weeks in person. Sunbird, Can I bring my paw-sorta tiger lookin for other big cats thang!

10. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    TEAM SMACKDOWN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John I had a blast reeling all those fish in yesterday. There's nothing like meeting new people and making new fishin friends. Next time will try to break that PB blue of 63 lbs and try to get you that 50 lb FLATTIE. Once again thanks for the trip..............................

GO TEAM SMACKDOWN!!!!!!!

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    CAN YOU SWIM? :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:
    Bring your Smacker, whatever it is, because we gonna be cat Smackin!!!

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great catch guys! Those are some nice ones. :wink:

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

AWESOME! Thanks for the report Jon, glad you two brothers had FUN and a productive trip. :cool2:

14. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Keep the good report's coming me and nanny patrol will be down in two week's but if the fish can get lock jaw they will have it in two week's, that's just our luck.

15. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    good catch sunbird ,those were some nice cats,even though me and pop pop didnt get to go:crazy::wink:

16. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Glad yall caught em boys, keep it up

17. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hey Jon,

I saw orange paint on sale at Wally World. You want me to pick you up a can? Pure cat attractant! Anything for a buddy!