Vacuum food sealer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gomer, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    I'm thinking about getting a food sealer to store my fish and venison in. :eek:oooh: I remember a while back several of you guys had tested or owened some modles. I'm clue less on what to get or look for. :roll_eyes: . I'm not looking for the top of the line per say but I'd like to get a good one that will last a while and give me good service. A LITTLE HELP FROM THE GALLERY PLEASE !!! :cool2:

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have had a food saver for over 10 years now and it is still holding up good. i process more than 4 deer and a lot of fish every year. you don't need the most expensive but get one at the high end if you are gonna use it a lot. it is well worth the price.

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    If you click here you can read through the thread where several of us talked about them before.

I still love mine and it still works like a dream.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a foodsaver as well, and it has always worked great.

5. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I also have a Foodsaver brand and like it very well.

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great thing to have. Started using mine to save moral mushrooms.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I have a food saver and I love it. I have a chest freezer I like to stock up for bbqing when the grocery store has the buy 1 get 1 sales in the meat dept. I also vacuum seal my venison and fish. I have a test subjest whom Im going to thaw out soon for my smoker. he's just a little trout that I've had for a 1 1/2 years now and he's not freezer burnt.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'll go ahead and ask the question??? How much do they run? I'd be interested in not too big of one and not too expensive.Are the bags cheap or expensive? I've thought of getting one for my bait and food.Thanks for the info in advance!