vacation

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by skippi2use, Jan 25, 2009.

1. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    John and Grizz Shane Lewis here. I will be staying at Arrow head trail in Cadiz. There will be four of us hoosiers down there fishing March the 14-21. Would like to get together with u guys on that tuesday night if possable. Dont know when you guys start the tuesday night thing. Also looking for some minor info. Do you happen to know average water temp that time of the year. And also about how far it is from cadiz by road to Devils Elbow. Thanks for the info and looking forward to getting together.

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Look forward to meeting ya'll. It's about 10-11 miles from Cadiz to Devils Elbow. Water temps should be in the mid to upper 50's by that time, unless we have alot of late season cold weather. We may be chasing Flatheads by that time, if so we'll be a little farther down the lake. PM me or John closer time you are coming and we'll tell ya'll how to find us.

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info griz. I have met you before, 3 or 4 years ago skipjack fishing, at the dam. Then we went to one of the little lakes to fish after that. I just found out last night that the place we are staying is a cadiz adress but is actually in canton. Right at the inside of the bend at devils elbow. I am going to try to head down that way one time before then as well. With out the boat. Thanks again. I will pm you before we come down.

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Oh yea I remember you now, old age is creeping up on me :smile2: You showed me a little trick about using skipjack heads, it really does work too.

5. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am having a hard time catching cats on the lake right now. See I dont like to drill holes 2 fish. It wont be long a couple of weeks or so, and I will be down to do some bank fishing with u guys, just to get out. We will have 2 boats down there in march though. That is if my buddy can get his done in time. Having said that, I have my lower unit on my boat apart right now trying to fix the clutch dog and reverse gear. Got frustrated and stopped working on it for the time being.You said you may be down river in march fishing, Meaning down current toward the dam or down south. I have been going over the topo maps and the satalite images of that area. Looks like we will prob. start the week drift fishing the elbow. If that does not prove to be prod. We may move up to little river and try that. Then come the big humps on ketucky lake near the bridge. The nice thing about taking 2 boats down is that we can split up and try to find something productive in a shorter amount of time. Then focus on that for the rest of the week. But we have booked that tues. night for some good oll R&R bank fishing. Dont worry im only 34 and my memory is already shot.see ya thanks for the info again.

6. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Toward the dam alittle not far though It's where we went that other time you were here, it's only about 7 miles by the road from Canton.

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Is that energy, im trying to make since of this map. I would go west across the bridge then take the 1st right onto 134. is my assumption correct. Thanks again.