Vacation to north carolina next year

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by truckin4x4, Sep 12, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey guys i'm planning a vacation with the wifes family next year to murtle beach. and my father inlaw wants to fish one day. were should we go to get some good fishing in. we will not be fortunate enough to have a boat so we will probably bank fish. well he might charter a boat but not sure yet, i don't even know exatly when were going to be there. so could anyone help me out with were to fish.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

www.myrtlebeach-living.com/piers.html

I don't know about freshwater fishing but the surf and pier fishing should be good. If your up for a road trip Santee is about 115 miles away.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Well, Myrtle Beach is in South Carolina.
    I aint figured out why folks like Myrtle Beach yet.
    I guess you have to be into crowds and commercialization.

As far as a charter boat, its going to be expensive to ride more then fish.
    You'll probally spend 4-5 hours of your charter time getting to and from the gulfstream.

Change the plans and hit the Outerbanks. You got the best of both worlds right in one place.

4. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    I agree with Mark go to the Outer Banks for the fishing and less crowds.

5. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    But if you have to stay in Myrtle Beach Plan a day trip to Santee.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm in total agreement with Mark and Ron. No Myrtle Beach for Catgirl. The OBX is the place to go......great scenery and atmosphere, good fishing, and interesting history all in one place. Check out www.outerbanks.org, Rob. Just about anything and everything to do there can be discovered through this website.

7. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    if your going to charter a boat there look for hurricain fleet fishing charters we go out with them every year and we've always had good luck they have a really good gulf stream trip:smile2:

8. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio

mark i know i just said the wrong thing. and the inlaws are wanting to go to mytle beach. my wife lived there for a while. she wants to show me some places.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Rob, I hope you and the family have a good time. Try to plan on going anytime but biker week and spring break it can get crowded.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Rob depending on how long ago she lived there it might be there anymore. The build constantly down there. I can't stand Myrtle Beach myself but this winter I plan on going down just to go to The Bass Pro. Its hum.......to much of a party atmosphere.