Vacation idea

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by stickusmc, Aug 13, 2007.

1. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    if you all want a good fun cheap vacation i would suggest going camping and canoeing in st james mo. at the maramec springs park. i just got back and had a blast. talked to a few locals they said the water was too cold , 50 degrees year round, for catfish but there are a lot of trout because of the trout farm and good numbers of smallmouth.

check it out www.maramecspringpark.com

lots of fun
    plan on going again with some ultra lite gear for a few trout and smallies:smile2:

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i was close to the area last month. i was canoing on the hoozah at bass river resort. its a great time and the water is really clear.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Trout and smallies? HUH, whachou talkin' 'bout Chris? This is a CATfishing site!

JK buddy......catchin' trout is fun, I go up to Cherokee, NC to do that usually. And smallies, they're in the lake practically at my backdoor (just wish I could boat 'em ALL the time :eek:oooh:.)

Your username always brings to mind an old friend, he was a Marine too. We called him Stick.......nice fellow, CRAZY, but :cool2:.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Crazy.. Marine... Nooooo... You don't say? :smile2::smile2:

5. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Maramac springs is a great place to catch trout i know for sure. They put alimited # of trout in there everyda, or atleast did back about 10 to 15 years ago when i was down there last. The coneoing was great too, and water is COLDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!:crazy: