VA State Record

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by JPritch, Jun 16, 2008.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    So when do you all think this sucker is gonna fall? Gonna be at least two more weeks, until I can get back out there.:smile2:

But seriously, it will have stood for two years this July. With no other 90's even caught during this time period. Makes me wonder if the 90's and 100's really exist out there like is often talked about or if they just don't get that big in the James, except for a rare few. Is Buggs gonna come through again?

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It will fall in August Josh,

By the way, I will need a Net Man :smile2:

3. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I,m a very good net man and I live close to the river and I dont take up much space and I'l be verrrry, verrry quiet and i dont eat much and i love to fish. Take me, Take Me

Note all the statements above are false except one.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It'll fall in early March of 09 when the Ohio boys come back out. :wink:

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry Shawn, they won't let Ohio boys on the river anymore. Something about depleting the resources! LOL :smile2::wink:

6. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    I can't give you a specific month but promise I'll let everyone know when I'm coming back down. The bigguns are gonna be scared when they hear I'm back in town, but there won't be any hiding this time around....LOL :eek:oooh:

7. Johny Buck

Johny Buck New Member

State:
    virginia
    My pop told me if you are going to dream then dream big!!!!! I'm thinking world record!!!! Caught from the Dutch Gap boat ramp!!!:big_smile: The date will be Feb 17 3pm. Bait used will be a deer heart from the world record buck I knock out the last day of deer season!!! I can't wait.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck with that! Let me know how it works for you. I've tried deer liver for cats before and was surprised that I never got a bite on it. I saved three deer livers one year and didn't get a hit! Some friends swear by ground hog liver. They pick up road kills to get the livers out. LOL

9. river bum

river bum New Member

State:
    va
    it will fall when ever i get a chance to take off from work to fish which could be a long time:sad2:

10. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC

I plan on fishing the James heavy in NOV....... I need a net Man also... Mabe we can work things out.....:cool2:

11. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just got in from Argentina this morning so I will be around stirring the pot at every opportunity. I will be happy to hold any net thrust my way

12. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome back Ken,, now get out there and and get a line wet:big_smile:

13. buckshot1

buckshot1 New Member

State:
    reidsville n.c.
    nice fish blacksheep, ill net them that size for you as long as i get the next one. nov sounds good to me also :big_smile:

14. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Welcome back Kenneth! You're not fishing yet, what are you waiting for?

15. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Unfortunately I still have a little paperwork to do having been gone awhile. I am going fishing on Saturday and Sunday with my brothers to troll for spanish macks, look for cobia on the bouy lines, and fish for flounder. I will fish for trash meat fish probably until the weather cools off and then I will get on the Catfish with a passion. Probably won't go to the river until November. :sad2:

16. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    If thestate game commision biologists are correct, we will see at least one over 100lbs. in the very near future! i predict it will be this fall in November! Fish on bro!!!!:smile2:

17. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    It will fall when you least expect it to. It usually does good luck to everyone who persues these giants. May your next take down be the one yoy've been waiting for

18. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    I will be back down for two weeks in november hope to hit a couple big ones then.Always had luck around Thanksgiving.

19. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Call me when you get to town Jerry. I should be fishing by then. I not much on fishing cats when the weather is warm.

20. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Jerry(jwfish),
    I hope to be down Thanksgiving week..Thursday and Friday.
    mikeb