Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts
Capt Josh (Rivercatn Guide Service) fish the James and Potomac rivers as a guide and any were big cats are and there a tournament you may see me i love to fish for big cats.

Well, I'm a Peterstown WV transplant into Narrows Va. Both are single blink towns with a combined total of 1 red light...

I usually fish Claytor, but venture off to Smith Mountain and Phillpot on occasion. And you may find me on occasion beating the banks of some local creeks or the New River. I am not your typical cat man by any stretch...really just learning the game for cats. I've caught a few but my PB is a massive 20 pound flatty...so yeah, I have some work ahead of me! But, I do generally fish daylight so I expect some reduction in success. I've spent most of my life wading creeks fishing up Smallies; and since getting a boat a few years back have been learning how to fish the lakes for bass. I've been lucky enough to get into some fun hybrid fishing at night on the lake a few times, but man o man do I have a lot to learn about finding and keeping up with those fellers, lol.

Tight Lines!

Bassun

I'm Drew from Blacksburg (now I'm a townie). I'm pretty new to catfishing, still haven't caught my first one yet even though I've spent some 40+ hours fishing the New River and Little River the past month without any luck yet :unhappy: I grew up salt water fishing though, so I'm not new to the sport as a whole.

I'm from Madison Heights. Right across the river from Lynchburg. Fish the James everyday I can whether it be for smallmouth bass or cats. Sometimes travel down to Hopewell for the famous Blues.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.