Utes spank Bama

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by dahoss2002, Jan 2, 2009.

1. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Wow.....I was wondering if these guys were any good and now I know. So does Bama. Very impressed with their defensive play.

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The Utes looked for real to me, too bad we don't have a playoff. Bama isn't built to be a come from behind team, so that 21-0 1st Q hurt bad. 8 sacks I think they had, makes you wonder how the suspension of the O-lineman and the changes up front affected their protection schemes. Hopefully FL can win, 6-2 in bowls and another national championship would still be pretty good for the SEC :wink::big_smile:.

3. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I really don't see how Utah can't be considered for the National Title, they beat a team that had been ranked #1 by 14 points in the Sugar Bowl. They defensively dominated Alabama.

4. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Are u really pulling for the Gators Bumper? They are on the East side with your Dawgs and they are my Tigers "married to team" from the east, so we playem every year like yall do. While I have the utmost respect for them..(they killed us just like your Dawgs did)...and their QB..(dang I hope TEBOW goes to the NFL this year).....and I think our conference is great!!!! It really wont bother me at all if the Sooners win that game..........LOL!! I surely dont want Florida to dominate the conference like it did when Spurrier was there. The Sooners definitely got their work cut out for them and I really think it will be a great game but we (LSU @ Georgia) still get our "cut" no matter who wins or does the winner get a bigger cut of the Bowl purse? If the winning team gets a bigger purse cut for the conference then I will pull for the gators LOL!

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    and to think Michigan missed a last second feild goal and lost to Utah by 2...Go Blue 2009!

6. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    go utes.
    what a great game.
    all that idiot saban did was validate that suspended players worth.

more proof the bcs sucks and we need some sort of playoff.

will be rooting for tebow to put those okies in their place too.

[​IMG]

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Don't get me wrong, I'm as big a gator hater as anybody else, I just like to see the SEC teams do good in the bowl games for conference reputation, but I hope FL loses every game they play next year :wink::big_smile:.

8. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I am a SEC guy (Tennessee) but there is no way I will ever pull for Florida for anything. I will pull for the SEC when they play other conferences but not Florida.:smile2:

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Me, I am sympathizing with the 'Bama fans. I know just how they feel - great shades of Boise State. LOL

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    THIS IS WHY WE NEED A PLAYOFF IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly the reason we need a playoff. I doubt many people gave Utah a chance to win this ballgame & they came out and hammered a very good Alabama team. Wow. Utah just dominated, and finished their season undefeated. They don't even have a shot at the title, because they weren't put in the national championship game. Bullcorn!!!! It just ain't right. They deserve their shot, just like anybody else does. I was very impressed with the way their team played. I can't say whether or not they could beat anybody else, but they handed 'Bama their hind ends.

11. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    the reality is teams like utah and boise schedule the most cupcake out of confrence teams combine that with a terrible confrence and tada a bcs bid, play one good team beat them and they should be national champs, what a joke. hell boise even admitis to doing this. im not saying utah isnt good, i just dont think one game against anyone tells the tale of a team. without a playoff it will keep happening. what would happen if utah or boise played in the big 12 or sec? dont think theyd make it to the bcs.

12. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    If there was a playoff system, it's unlikely that teams like Utah, or Boise st. could win a title, because they'd have to win more than one game in a playoff system, I don't think they could beat 2 or three high quality teams in a row. I think under a playoff system you'd see the same teams playing for the title every year, and that would be the teams with the most talent because these teams will usually rise to the top especially in a playoff format. So the teams will still come from the BCS conferences probably 95% of the time. I'd say you'd probably see a team like USC play for the title every year seeing how even their 2nd string players are NFL quality. They are by far the best team in California and they get all the best players in the state.

13. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I am as big a Bama fan as they come but I have to say they got took
    to the wood shed big time. Congratulations Utah football team and fans.