Ute lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW MEXICO TALK' started by 223reload, May 12, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This weeks fishing report is good ,Channel cats up to 4 lbs being taken on stink bait and various cut bait in 3-4 ft of water .
    Crappie on jigs and minnows in 6-8 ft near brush and weed beds.
    Walleye on jigs ans shad raps in 12-20 ft .

Guess where I'll be this weekend?

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Give us a report Richard, hope ya tear them up.

3. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Thanks 223,
    Is there places to fish from the bank? I had some luck at Springer this spring with Pike.
    Jim

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jim ,There are alot of bank fishing spots ,tho I dont consider many of them great for catting. I am getting a yearly permit tomorrow ,so I can go anywhear as need be. This lake was screwed up in 1980 when the spillway was raised 39ft to meet the needs for more rec. water and the only way I S T C let it happen was the promise of selling water down state. It is a great place if you have a boat ,But if a bamk fisher like me not so good . But go on the week days instead of the weekends and theres a whole lakeshore to fish.:cool2::wink:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Beautiful morning out on the lake this morning. I was on the water before 7 am rigged one pole with a chunk of skipjack ,just to see if there might be any takers. Then got my ultra light rigged and tried for some gills for bait. again no luck. Being limited by state regs to only two poles sux,So I rigged the other cat rod with a gob of nightcrawlers on a 6/0 kahle and relaxed. After a couplw hours ,just the slightest amount of line peeled off,then the clicker was screaming .ohh boy. Set the hook and it felt funny ,not a real big fight ,tho the 7 mh rod was bowed alot,I'm thinkin turtle at this point ,but I saw a flash of grey and white and a nice fish ,then as it broke the surface ,WALLEYE. Nice 5 lb 24" . not the channel I was hoping for ,but a nice fish and a fine meal at any rate. I'll be heading out again around sunset .gotta see if my daughter can outfish the old man.

6. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    haha sounds like a nice little fish.. great lake there...

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    sounds like a good lake rick

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats richard, at least ya got a mess of fresh fish.:wink: Eat my first of the year Saturday nite.

9. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Nice one Richard,

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I took my nephew out this evening for a few hrs and we had a slow evnin, I Got one bite ,one catch as my usual,except it was a turtle.:crazy:then a few minets after [actually 1 hr ]my nephew hooked up with a nice 3 lb channel sorry no pics but it will eat nice .