Using solar lights at night

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by squirtspop, Oct 27, 2007.

1. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I've looked through the library and didn't find any info in there about using solar lights at night on your boat. There wouldn't be any drain on the batteries using them. Although I've never had any problem of drained batteries by using the anchor light in the back there is always that possibility.

Although they don't put out a lot of light but t should light up the deck of the boat if you are doing any moving around and maybe you won't knock over your cup of coffee or can of beer. Heaven forbid! But they should provide plenty of light to rebait or cut some bait or even drag out a bologna sandwich from the cooler.

Thought it might be interesting to try sometime. Maybe rig up a way to position them in a rod holder or make some kind of rig to install them where they would provide light where ever you want it. And if you wanted darkness then just put a paper lunch sack over them to at least dim the light.

Any ideas or suggestion?

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Chuck, that might just have some possibilities. Sounds feasible to me.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Well sure! Why not? I have had plenty to see by just from my stern light.

Just remember to uncover your boat that morning so they can charge! LOL!

Now, who sells the ones best suited to this activity?

4. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    when you find a set , let us know , and show some pics as it sounds like a great idea just mounting is the trick.....

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    YER ONT SUMMPIN HERE...............................

6. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Ace Hardware has some that say they are spot light type for shinning on the front of the house or signs etc. I didn't pay them much attention as I'm to old and lazy to fish at night.

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    You know it might turn out to a wise investment because they now have solar light's that have led's in them ....Cant hurt to try right .

8. sambo

sambo New Member

State:
    alabama
    depends on how long you plan to fish after dark, these lights have a short battery life . another alternative would be a solar light kit used for shed lighting ,it comes with a battery a solar panel and lights . this kit has a longer battery life than the self contained units . i have some of the self contained units on my porch and if it is a cloudy day they last about an hour and a half after dark .