Using slip bobbers on the river

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by socex, Feb 9, 2007.

1. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    I was experimenting at a local dam on the Ohio River last year and found a great technique. I started using a slip bobber rig in front of this wall thats about 4-5 feet wide. The current holds it right at the face the wall. Has anyone else tried this before or have used slip bobber rigs in other conditions while fishing the rivers? I'm not sure if water depth would play a role or not?

Attached Files:

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use one below the dam's here, and the river also.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    oh yeah, floats can be great on rivers. i use floats when boat-fishing after dark. idf your after flatties its the way to go, they will feed a lot near the surface at night.

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive used them on the Ohio a time or two as well. We were anchored and I noticed the bend in the river seemed close enough for me to float a bobber to. It was too far to cast but the current took it exactly where I wanted it. Caught a few fish that way, but just casting into the river any old place wont work.

5. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Jason, I've done the same thing in the Allegheny using suckers and have done real well with both smallmouth and sauger.