Using pure oxygen for bait

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Team Hold EM Hook, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    OK I have a regulator but what how many LPM liter per minute should I set it on?
    I am also planning on using this to keep cats alive for tournaments as well as helping to de-stress them.
    Thanks

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    contact the local game warden they usually use set ups like that our game warden has a stainless steel box in the back of his truck with air going to it so maybe your gamewarden will have one too
    hope this helped

3. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    I'm glad you cleared that up..... I was wonderin how you were going to get the oxygen to stay on the hook :)

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Back in the 80's I worked at a fishery. We used paddle aerators on our tank truck for short trips around the farms, but when I had to go on a road trip we set up for liquid oxygen. Its going to depend on the number of baitfish in your tank, theres no set lpm for a variable number and size of fish, as well as stress levels. A good rule of thumb is that if the bait is sucking on top of the water, they need more o2. You will have to gradually feel it in unless you have a test meter reading o2ppm. A marine biologist can tell you the ideal o2ppm to try to maintain. Meters are a bit pricey. Too little o2 they go to the top and suck air till they die, too much o2 you burn their gills and kill em. Its a balancing act. Good luck.