Using Peanut Buttter

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Cherokee, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Was reading about how that you can use peanut butter to bring deer in. I've been trying it for the last month. I take the lid and put it on the tree with a screw. Well when i went back to check it am thinking a coon as took the dang peanut butter off the tree not once but twice lol.:big_smile:

Has anyone used DEER CANE to bring them ? My neighbor bought some and put it out and they where into by the next moring.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But whatever works if it's legal go for it.It'd be nice to have one of those camra's that take pictures of the deer while you're not around,I'm sure you know what I'm talkin about that would be neat!:big_smile:

3. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I know they love the deer cocaine. I put one in the national forest once and forgot about it till the next year and found a huge hole in the ground. I've read they hit it pretty hard in the spring and early summer to help with antler growth and to keep the bugs from biting them as much.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Tell me more about the peanut butter trick... After you screw the lid to a tree ... what next. Do you punch holes in the jar or anything?

5. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I've never done it personally but from what I've seen they just cut the bottom of the jar off.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I just took a knife and made hole all around. When it rains it suppose to drip on the ground.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brother that is an excellent idea. I will try it . Good Hunting

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    It is illegal here in FL, but when I was younger, I did it anyway & YES it does work.

I've been using a product called "C-Mere Deer", it comes in liquid & powder, both work real well. I bought it @ BPS.

HTH & Good Luck, Elliot

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    With what the deer did to the okra in my garden, I won't need peanut butter just more okra. They left nothing but the stalks and only about 16-18 inches of that. They was about 5 -6 feet tall when they started. To bad I'm not a muzzle loader hunter.

10. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    When I tried the peanutbutter thing, the deer liked it, but he coons loved it.

Everytime I've used the DeerCane, about the time I've given up on them hitting it, they go to work on it, seems like it does better after its been in the ground a month or two and had several rains on it. After they start using it they'll eat and dig out a hole 2 or 3 feet wide and deep.

11. A.Williams

A.Williams New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Not sure why you guys need to use lures an such to attract deer, heck i went down in the woods behind my father in laws house where i hunt at and sat there for about twenty minutes and had about five deers cross my shooting path, not gun season here yet and is too warm to shoot anything just yet. but if its leagal in yalls area go for it.