Using Mussels (Freshwater Clams)

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by TheCatfishingBoy, Jul 1, 2007.

1. TheCatfishingBoy

TheCatfishingBoy New Member

State:
    NC
    Using Mussels is a very good fishing startgie for Catfishing!
    You just have to get wet a little to find them, They usally be at the banks of small rivers. Just crack them open and put them on your Hook:wink:

2. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    WOW learn something new hear every day...Thanks for the tip

3. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Mussels work good for cats ,I fish them on the bottom,bluegills like them to.

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Check your regulations boys, especially in the northern states. Some do and some don't. Best to be on the safe side and maybe you can spend your money on a new rig instead of a fine! lol:cool2:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Allways knew they were a good bait as I've cleaned cats that were full of 'em I just aint figured out how to find em.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Caution! I used them for 50+ years.Great bait.You just have to know your kinds along with the State and federal regs.Many types are on endangered or restricted list now.No excuses with this stuff.Hard to believe,but you can end up in a federal court or prison for the wrong clam,mussel,or minnow.What really hurts is when you watch the common wildlife feeding on such.That coon can;t read the regs.That excuse won;t cut it for you."You can get arrested for what your small child dos",to quote a Warden.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee