using live perch on noodles...illegal now?

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by da-cajun-angla, Apr 11, 2008.

1. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i heard using live bait is now illegal here in south la...is it illegal also to use live perch on trot lines?
    thanks in advance,
    shaun

2. joneugene

joneugene New Member

State:
    louisiana
    fishing with live perch is only legal on toledo bend

3. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I've been usein live bream on trot lines for a few years, never had a game warden tell me it was illegal to do so.

4. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    I never heard of that either ! We use then all the time too. Been seeing where several members were trying to catch some this week, for the tournament. But, You have to CATCH them, you can't catch them in a net !:confused2:

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I recently read up on it as I've been using live bream as bait lately. It states that bream can only be used as bait WHEN CAUGHT IN A TRAP at Toledo Bend, nowhere else.

Otherwise, I understand it must be caught on rod/reel to be used as bait. (which is what I do anyways, it's half the fun)

6. da-cajun-angla

State:
    louisiana
    a lot of people have been telling me its illegal...personally, i dont give a sh!t:smile2:...im still gonna use my perch! its the filet mignon of bait!...lol

7. da-cajun-angla

State:
    louisiana

how can it be legal to catch perch in a trap, as its considered a sport fish?

8. WildWillie

WildWillie New Member

State:
    Rockport, TX
    I think it is because you can legally trap perch in TX. There are all sort of agreements between LA and TX involving Toledo Bend.

Will

9. Kajun77

Kajun77 New Member

State:
    New Iberia, Louisiana
    The way it was explained to me was that It's not illegal to use bream or perch for bait but it is illegal to use any kind of trap or net to catch them.