Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I've been usein live bream on trot lines for a few years, never had a game warden tell me it was illegal to do so.
I never heard of that either ! We use then all the time too. Been seeing where several members were trying to catch some this week, for the tournament. But, You have to CATCH them, you can't catch them in a net !:confused2:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I recently read up on it as I've been using live bream as bait lately. It states that bream can only be used as bait WHEN CAUGHT IN A TRAP at Toledo Bend, nowhere else.

Otherwise, I understand it must be caught on rod/reel to be used as bait. (which is what I do anyways, it's half the fun)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently read up on it as I've been using live bream as bait lately. It states that bream can only be used as bait WHEN CAUGHT IN A TRAP at Toledo Bend, nowhere else.

Otherwise, I understand it must be caught on rod/reel to be used as bait. (which is what I do anyways, it's half the fun)

how can it be legal to catch perch in a trap, as its considered a sport fish?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.