Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I think flathead hunter has the ticket for fast moiving waters, balloons are cheap,and you could lose a few due to snags,I've used regular bobbers before in rivers but used them to drift baits over holes, just tossing out at the head of the pool and letting it drift through then reel in and repeat, and also to fish eddys and back currents just letting the bait drag around as the water swirls around. I would probably rig it as a slip float and drift the float into position then lock things down letting the rod hold the float in the desired position,a pole type float would work better than a short stubby type float as it wouldn't have the water resistence of the fatter floats.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Our Kat Bobbers work great for this. Also if night fishing use a glow stick on it and see whats going on also.
If you can drift the bait down until your about 15ft above the spot your needing to fish then let it sit there. The current if any will take the smell of your bait down to where the fish are. Then they will move out and get the bait.
On rigging it if its deep you can use a slip float rig. Ours works for that perfect. I use a bobber stop that allows me to adjust the depth on my float. ( Have been using sinker slides also to allow quick removal of the float also) You can also keep the bait up off bottom with a slip float also. As the fish will move up to where the bait is anyways.. Also something else to think about if your going to have to cast out our Floats cast great and allow you to cover lots more water while fishing a spot like this also.
Don't pass of the lower end of the pile. Lots of times there will be a washout hole behind a log pile. This hole will at times have all the fish in it.
Also the bigger Fat Kat Bobbers will help hold the bait up also.
best of luck in how ever you chose to fish this type of fishing spots.
Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.