Using cast net at Carlylye spillway-legal?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by big-muddy, May 27, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i know that at rend lake, you cant use a cast net for shad in the spillway because of the bighead carp. is the same true for carlylye? scouted a parking access that looked pretty good called "catfish cove" anyone been there? looks like quite a jump down a slope to get to the water but with two people shouldnt be too hard to get back up.

2. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    as far as i know, cast nets are legal all over carlyle. when in doubt, sricking your head inside the administration office across from the main beach has kept me out of trouble more than once. their more than happy to answer any questions.
    as for catfish cove, i have caught some nice eaters out of there, but that climb back out is a pain.... lol.

3. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Yes, it's legal, Carlyle lake is HOT, go to Dam east parking lot. Good fishing

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    thanks guys. those bass fisherman wont know what to do when i hit that lake.:wink: just bought a boat, so no more scouting for bank spots.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Careful, that is one REALLY shallow lake, in most areas other than near the dam. Around the islands, 2ft is common, I've seen it where acres of water was only 6 inches deep. Get to know the lake well before cranking up the speed. There are several concrete foundations just below the surface, also, at least thats what I have heard. Most fish for me have been caught up above the RR trestle or near the openings under it.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yep, ill probably get a top map before goin out there.

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have been wanting to fish keysport area on carlyle lake in those stumps. Ever fish that area kutter ?