User name

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Feb 16, 2009.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I was just curious as to whats the meaning behind everyone's user name.
    I mainly fish the Arkansas Rivers so therefore I am ArkRiverCatman.:smile2: I couldnt think of anything better at the time.:tounge_out::smile2:
    How/why did you choose your name?
    Some are self explanatory, others not so much.:smile2:

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Rush is my last name and 60 is how many minutes in an hour, so rush hour. Its my old email address and the movie had just came out when I got the email.

3. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
    Yep mine is pretty self explainitory....30 years of working on telephones....

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    ummmm....:embarassed::embarassed:....:wink:

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    The wife kind of gave me mine. I was looking for a name for the Catoon when I first bought it and just couldn't think of anything. I record and save every Catfish show I know about, one day there was a show coming on and I told her I was going to tape it on my "Catfish Fever" tape, she said, "why don't you put THAT name on your boat" That's over 20 years ago, been using it ever since. I have it on just about everything I own, the Catoon, my pickup, the Catmobile(fishing jeep), the Cathouse(motorhome):eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2: The way I came up with my logo, I orginally was just going to have a jumping Catfish. One day on the way to town, they were advertising the "Longford Rodeo", little town nearby. That's when the idea of having a caricature of me riding a Catfish hooked on a pole I was holding.
    A friend of mine who used to be a cartoonist for Walt Disney, came up with it after I told him what I wanted, he said he even had it copyrighted.
    Just before he died, he gave me the silk screen he made, so I can have more made when the ones I have wear out.
    More than you asked for Kyle, just thought I'd throw it in.:smile2:

6. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Nope, thats what I was lookin for Jim. Cool story.
    You do have more "Catfish Aquisitions" than anyone I know.:smile2:
    I was just watching the old Catfish Fever video with Doug Stange and Toad Smith the other day. That was a loooong time ago.:smile2:
    Back when fishin was simple. The good ol days!

7. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Ray, I have only seen you backlash a dozen times or so.:wink::smile2:
    Okay, maybe once.:smile2:

8. exile13

exile13 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i like motorcycles and exile cycle is one of my favorite builders with the matte black and brushd aluminum no crazy paint an chrome. the 13 is my birthday an its on friday the 13th in a few years lol:cool2:

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Just had a creative lapse or something I guess :smile2:

10. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    When I was a frat boy at KU we used to get a whole bunch of magazines under bogus names by checking bill me later.Till one time the bill collector came looking for Sam Mitchell {founder of our fraternity died in 1879}. We covered for him saying he was at class. So we needed a new name nobody could trace.I had a union shop steward named Delbert....And we created a redneck persona based on Floyd R Turbo American {Johnny Carson's redneck character from the Tonight Show}.We used to have a lot of good video game names: Robin Banks, Thugs Gunny,Rufus Isacat,Navin R Johnson {Steve Martin's character in the Jerk} etc.:smile2:

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    my friend who works on my bows had this license plate that said BOWNERO. I guess you can say I stole the idea for my user name. stands for bow and arrow. I love archery and it's a passion of mine to hold for the rest of my years.

Thanks.

12. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Thanks for the story behind the design of your shirt/logo there Jim.

13. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    6' 4" and 350+ lbs. b is first letter of last name. Didn't take but someone calling me that once in 1972 at college and it stuck.

14. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'm in the same boat as Gary with mine.:wink:

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :crazy:I dunno I still aint quite fingured it out:roll_eyes::smile2:

16. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Name is Josh, and dont have two legs!:wink:

17. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    cause when I first got n this site I had just started catfishin and knew nothin and got everything I learned off this site from these experieced season vets. didn't really catch much of anything at first but practice and patience paid off. and now I whoop my fishin buddy(my sons grandfather)whos been fishin for quite a few years everytime we go out. and I believe its all because I use techniques and baits I get off this site. so I wanna say thank you too everyone that post here. and the boc staff for startin this great informative site.

18. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Phlips is what all my friends have called me since as far back as I can remember. I think some of them forgot my real name:wink:. Big kats just comes with the way I live life tryn and catchin the fish I have pursued my whole life. My daughter has been there growing up watchin me and joining me sometimes to, but now the boys are starting to follow right behind dad.:wink:

19. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    mine is simple live in ks and love catfishing :wink: plus it was easy to think of:smile2:

20. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm just a old farm boy looking for some info.LOL