Useable ramps on Lake Hartwell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bambu, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    wondering if anyone has put in at green pond, big oaks, or springfield in the past few days? or any other ramps that are open, its getting really bad:crazy:
    hopefully we will have a wet winter and spring, thats about the only hope i see for hartwell:sad2:

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I haven't been to any of those, but the corp has offically closed all the ramps. This info is all I have to go on. I wouldn't drive to the lower end on a whim.http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/hartwell/hartrampstat.htm

http://www.mylakehartwell.com/Level.asp

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    My friend saw on the 6am news yesterday that Hartwell/Corps was officially being closed after today.......

I didn't catch it myself but thats the 2nd hand info I have.

Oh hell, I'm gonna have to make some planer boards and go drifting off shore in my jeep, LOL .

This really sucks but in reality I'm back to full time bank fishing like the old times ; )~

-Jim-

4. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
  5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Thats right. We used the Clemson ramp till it was totally gone. They're putting concrete barricades in front of alot of them. Let me know if you find one you can still put a boat in at. I'm game

6. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    there suppose to be puting gravel at the bottom of martin creek and 4 other ramps, there a good post on .............com.

7. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    The one at Choestoea Landing is still open.

8. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    put in at martin creek today with no problems, theres about 5ft of gravel extending the ramp. i had put up a website with some good info but apparently someone decided that we dont need info on the lakes we fish, cause you know thats what this board is about:roll_eyes:, sorry my bad i guess its about promoting themselves:roll_eyes:

9. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    They're pouring more ramp at Twin Lakes. They're adding on to the ramps so when the water comes up we will be able to lanch a little faster than others. Martin Creek sounds good. I'm out for the next two weeks. Keowee may be my next stop.

10. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Went by the landing at Choestoea to see if it was still open. It is now closed. Water is right at the edge of it.