Use those parking brakes

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by quackingtim, May 26, 2008.

1. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    This is on a boat ramp just south of lafayette. Felt bad for the guy but there was nothing we could do for him. I know the water had to be cold to swim in. I should of took a picture of his boat too. He had a nice setup for his poles.

Attached Files:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    That'll be exspensive!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great advice Tim. The emergency brake is cheep insurance.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Yup theres a reason that the factory installs them along with turn signals.

5. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Turn signals, don't get me started there. Most people are half way done w/there turn when they use there turn signal. Thanks for the warning.

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I've seen this several times over the years. Either they don' t use their park brake or they are trying to load their boat and gun the gas to pull it out and they spin their tires resulting in the tires spinning out from under the truck on a wet ramp and right down into the water.

One thing that had me wondering tho. Did the owner get upset at you taking a pic of his embarassment.

I lightened up your pic some but it made it grainy but it is still a little easier to see.

7. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Or atleast use a rock or something to chock the front tires to keep it from rolling.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hard lesson learned.
    Remember a guy down at Elsberry,Mo ramp just bought a new boat and pickup. backed into water to unload boat, forgetting to unhook boat sunk boat and truck rolled into water:eek:oooh:.Not a good start to his boating career.

9. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    saw a guy on the ohio river one year lost his boat truck and trailer he jumped out the truck to get into the boat to load once he had it backed down the ramp and he left it in reverse and lost it all. How would you tell you insurance company?????